PDA

View Full Version : Mother at Hospital

CHEESE2009
04-19-2012, 06:21 AM
So my phone rings at 4AM, I go to check it thinking it's my alarm... Nope!

Me: Hello?

Father: You have to go to the hospital?

Me: Why what's wrong?

Father: Your mother can't breath, get ready.

Me: On my way!!!

-

I saw my mother, and well, what I saw scared the sh*t out of me. She couldn't talk and she was hunched over not able to breath.

We put her shoes on, walked her to the truck, got her in...

She was unable to put her seat belt on because she was hunched toward the window trying to get air, and she wanted me to drive slow. If she would get excited, her breathing would get worse.

The good news was, the streets were empty, except for my sister who appeared behind me on my way to the hospital.

-

ANYWAY, we (my sister and me) got her settled at the hospital, she's got the air mask on and she's getting a blood test and x-ray done. She will find a way to contact me (or my brother) later to go pick her up.

-

To see your own mother the way I saw mine, the only thing I could think of is how great it is to have her around, and how horrible things would turn out if I had ever lost her. No idea what to do, or what to expect.

-

My concern is, what if she is home alone and this happens again? I will be picking up a thing to attach my phone to my waist so I can have it with me at all times, ... other than that how can I be sure she will be able to call me?

I'm a little bit in panic mode, any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!! I'll be home all day, not going to work!

myblacktruck
04-19-2012, 06:39 AM
Sorry to hear about your mom hope all goes well. They used to make I think it was a necklace or bracelet for people to wear if there was a problem they just pushed a button and it called the emergency services for them. I have no idea what its called anymore haven't seen the commercial in years but I very rarely watch TV anymore

JeffK26
04-19-2012, 06:40 AM
Sorry to hear that Cheese.

Thoughts and prayers are with you man.

Liberty Landscaping LLC
04-19-2012, 08:38 AM
Sorry to hear that cheese.
i believe its called medical alert pendant.
do a google search.
I have tried being able to hear/ feel my phone ring/ vibrate but the noise and vibration of the mower made it impossible. All i found that works is Bluetooth or earbuds plugged into the phone that ring

Al Kessinger
04-19-2012, 01:26 PM
Sorry to hear about your mom hope all goes well. They used to make I think it was a necklace or bracelet for people to wear if there was a problem they just pushed a button and it called the emergency services for them. I have no idea what its called anymore haven't seen the commercial in years but I very rarely watch TV anymore

Its called Life Alert <cite>www.lifealert (http://www.%3Cb%3Elifealert%3C/b%3E).com Not sure what the monthly fee is but How Much Is To Much To Protect Your Loved Ones????
Sorry to hear about your mother cheese. You and your family are in my prayers.
</cite>

Steve
04-19-2012, 06:54 PM
Scott,

I hope she is ok! Keep us posted on what happened!

hansenslawncare
04-19-2012, 09:29 PM
Hope she's okay brother...I'll be praying for her and you.

Hedgemaster
04-19-2012, 09:35 PM
Cheese, I'll say a prayer for your mom.

If you have any questions about what the docs tell you - the info can be overwhelming, my wife may be able to help. She was a nurse on a thoracic surgery unit. (lungs/transplants)
Just ask.

WorkForMySelf
04-19-2012, 11:34 PM
Its called Life Alert <cite>www.lifealert (http://www.%3Cb%3Elifealert%3C/b%3E).com Not sure what the monthly fee is but How Much Is To Much To Protect Your Loved Ones????
Sorry to hear about your mother cheese. You and your family are in my prayers.
</cite>

Life alert has a million complaints and have shady sales guys so be careful with that.

Wishing your family the best.

CHEESE2009
04-20-2012, 11:12 PM
Thanks guys!

My mother has just started to text me, but I'm VERY horrible about keeping the conversation going.

No idea how she's doing, I don't really want to ask.

I hope my last words wont be, "Things aren't so bad, the dog ate the cats puke so I don't have to worry about picking it up".

That's all I can come up with, I'm not very interesting lol.

kdexpd
04-20-2012, 11:30 PM
Hey buddy my thoughts and prayers are with ya bro. It's always a scary thing to see your own mother in distress and there's not a thing you can do about it. Let me know if there's anything I can do for ya bro.

Steve
04-23-2012, 11:22 AM
I hope my last words wont be, "Things aren't so bad, the dog ate the cats puke so I don't have to worry about picking it up".

That's all I can come up with, I'm not very interesting lol.

HAHAHHAHAHA Scott, you da man!

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/YouDaMan.jpg

CHEESE2009
04-23-2012, 05:08 PM
lmfao steve

Al Kessinger
04-24-2012, 12:03 AM
HAHAHHAHAHA Scott, you da man!

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/YouDaMan.jpg

WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dont remember Gary Coleman being on Knight Rider