PDA

View Full Version : New guy

Steve55
04-18-2012, 01:30 AM
Hi everyone my name is Steve I'm from Texas I currently as a machinist 6 days a week 12 hr days blah lol anyhow here is my story my wife is in school right now and I am the only one working I decided that I wanted to start a lawncare and maybe lawnscaping business but I have to work my way up to it I plan on having all my equipment within the next year but I was wanting to maybe go ahead and try taking on a couple of yards (NOT MUCH) for obvious reasons like the hrs lol I've got a push mower and weedeater I would like to know what kind of equipment I should start buying that I can pay cash for so I won't be starting out in debt and how much I should spend on it I plan on going at it full throttle once my wife graduates and finds a job so until I build my clientele we will have another steady income also should I go ahead and get the license and open a business checking and start depositing money in there so I can set aside for equipment and also would like some info on advertising
Thanks
Steve

Steve
04-18-2012, 04:34 PM
I just answered a lot of this in your other welcome post.

After you read it, let me know if you have further questions

Steve55
04-18-2012, 09:56 PM
I will need to check with my city on the license yes I do have some home lawn equipment hand held blower push mower and weed eater but I was thinking of buying a personal ztr

Steve
04-19-2012, 06:38 PM
You may find your money would be better spent now on some marketing and as you get bigger with more customers, then get more equipment.

It's usually safer to scale up the equipment as you get the jobs rather than buying equipment and not having the jobs.

Keep us posted on how it all goes.