PDA

View Full Version : Engine parts list?

jasonw
04-17-2012, 09:31 PM
Honestly even with a messed up oil ring the engine still runs great but I would like a list on hand anyway, its an early 90's "Unknown exact year" 18.5hp opposed twin B&S. Very sweet motor so far in the rough cut tractor but a few people have told me parts are very expensive for it, in fact the local parts place said the carb alone goes for about $300.00 which is one reason you don't see the engines used anymore. I could be looking in the wrong spot but I dont see any numbers on the engine or I would have listed them here.

wandfsmall
04-18-2012, 08:33 AM
Honestly even with a messed up oil ring the engine still runs great but I would like a list on hand anyway, its an early 90's "Unknown exact year" 18.5hp opposed twin B&S. Very sweet motor so far in the rough cut tractor but a few people have told me parts are very expensive for it, in fact the local parts place said the carb alone goes for about $300.00 which is one reason you don't see the engines used anymore. I could be looking in the wrong spot but I dont see any numbers on the engine or I would have listed them here.

I will see what I can do about posting a photo of where to find the engine numbers on that mower when I get a chance today. that price on a carb seems a bit high but I do not have the ability to memorize parts prices.

Apex Lawn & Landscape
04-18-2012, 11:37 AM
I find this website helpful...

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/

wandfsmall
04-18-2012, 01:05 PM
I will see what I can do about posting a photo of where to find the engine numbers on that mower when I get a chance today. that price on a carb seems a bit high but I do not have the ability to memorize parts prices.

I have attached a graphic to show you where your engine numbers should be for that model of engine. hope this helps.