PDA

View Full Version : General Liability Insurance

steven59937
04-17-2012, 06:09 PM
Can anyone recommend or point me in a good direction for finding a insurance company for a liability coverage. And how much should it cost?

WorkForMySelf
04-17-2012, 06:19 PM
I was just getting ready to ask the same question.

I just got quoted $879 a year for lawn care and tree trimming liability at $500,000 coverage. The down payment is $580 this is gonna kill me since i am just getting started.

blueskymowing
04-17-2012, 07:36 PM
I was just getting ready to ask the same question.

I just got quoted $879 a year for lawn care and tree trimming liability at $500,000 coverage. The down payment is $580 this is gonna kill me since i am just getting started.

I hear ya, that's why i wear a mesh shark suit to work. But that thing was $500. No wonder I can't make any money!

Hedgemaster
04-17-2012, 07:56 PM
Holy crap.

My policy is $350 a year for 1 million liability.

I went through Erie. We use them for out homeowners and use Allstate for our vehicles - Allstate (at least my agent) "doesn't really handle business liability insurance". My Allstate agent suggested I use someone else.

I called a few places before choosing to go with Erie. I found one that was less money, but I was getting a bad vibe. I'd rather pay more for coverage I can count on with an agent familiar with this business.

Now that I've bought my 36" walk behind, I'm going to add an "enhanced" coverage that will cover the equipment as well as a more "inclusive" coverage for property damage. I think it will add $150 to my policy.

Cashin H&P
04-17-2012, 09:41 PM
Find a good agent to work with. I have 1 million in liability and 1 million on my truck/trailer I pay 2200 a year for this but you NEED it. What happens if you send a rock flying into someones french doors? or worse if you hit a child with a rock. My policy cost me more then some of you because Im 19 and they usually dont insure anyone under 21 but my agent is a family friend who faught for me. Insurance is one thing you do not want to skimp on.

WorkForMySelf
04-18-2012, 12:10 AM
Find a good agent to work with. I have 1 million in liability and 1 million on my truck/trailer I pay 2200 a year for this but you NEED it. What happens if you send a rock flying into someones french doors? or worse if you hit a child with a rock. My policy cost me more then some of you because Im 19 and they usually dont insure anyone under 21 but my agent is a family friend who faught for me. Insurance is one thing you do not want to skimp on.

Yeah I am 24 and never had insurance before. Just the mention of trimming trees had a agent basically hang up the phone on me when i was calling around for quotes. Insurance is definitely not something to skimp on but dont file a claim unless its big. Pay cash for whatever you break if you can.

CS-LawnService
04-18-2012, 05:13 AM
I use Farmers and Mechanics @446 a year for 2million business liability and medical 2 million completed operations aggregate limit

kdexpd
04-18-2012, 10:32 PM
I use Farm Bureau. I pay $32 a month for 2 million liability.

justin_time
04-19-2012, 05:45 PM
I pay $1200/year for lawn care are snow removal for $2 mil liability here in Canada