PDA

View Full Version : charging the right price

uncwman33
04-17-2012, 06:54 AM
i have questions. im just starting out and got an ideal of how much to charge for mowing, trimming, and edging, but im unsure as to what to charge for trimming bushes, hedging, and small tree removal, and also what to do with the clippings? where to dispose of the stuff what to charge for that?? you got me really excited about starting my own lawncare business. im getting all my ducks in a row before i got out there and make money. i want to not go out there and be dumb founded and get overwelmed with stuff like this. thanks,

David

SECTLANDSCAPING
04-17-2012, 08:02 AM
Disposal you should know. Before starting a business you should have some experience in the field. To not know to bring stuff to a landfill/transfer station is telling.

Price wise you want to make a dollar a minute minimum. Anything high risk cutting trees, gutter work, pressure washing , try $3-$10 a minute.

JLM
04-17-2012, 02:29 PM
I will charge 12.50 every 15 min or 50.00 per hour for lawncare. I also do tree care at 100.00 per hour with a 2 hr minimum if I cant land the job for that I wont do it. And thats why I dont do much tree work :D. Trim ups weed outs 40.00 per hour and you should be fine add 55.00 per full load taken to the landfill that will cover the dump fee and put a lil gas in the ol tank!

Steve
04-17-2012, 06:31 PM
im unsure as to what to charge for trimming bushes, hedging, and small tree removal,

It will all depend on how much time it takes to perform these jobs. As you are doing these services, keep track of the time they take you and then as you get future jobs, you will better be able to estimate the time needed and the cost to perform.

and also what to do with the clippings? where to dispose of the stuff what to charge for that??

Do you have a local dump you can bring them too? Find out how they charge and then make sure you include these costs, plus your time and gas to dump the clippings.