PDA

View Full Version : Markup for shrubs

BrandiSalvato1
04-16-2012, 09:49 AM
Im finishing up a bid for a complete yard make over. Figuring the costs of labor, etc was fairly easy, The customer has also asked for suggestions for shrub replacement for several of the shrubs she wants taken out. On average what is the general mark-up on shrubs, etc. (we're replacing topsoil, shrubs, mulch and planting a new tree, as well as removing several dying shrubs and stumps) Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Im hoping to get this finished up by the end of today.

bruces
04-16-2012, 10:03 AM
you have to be carefull with shrubs etc. ,because if they dont take for whatever reason ,your usually on the hook for the replacement .Because of this ,I tend to mark them up 100% ,and like to buy them where I can get a guarantee ,OR an incredible price .Another option is to allow the homeowner to buy their own shrubs ,then if they die they wont be mad at you ,but you dont make any mark-up on the job .

BrandiSalvato1
04-16-2012, 10:12 AM
Thank you!!! And that makes perfect sense! I honestly didnt even think about that. She's got a lot of shrubs dying and thats why were takin gthem out and replacing them as it is, so that is a good factor that I didnt even realize.

CS-LawnService
04-16-2012, 02:35 PM
Double the price here also and my nursery has 3 month warranty on all there shrubs so at least I am just out labor if they die and the 100 percent mark up covers that if not more .

Steve
04-16-2012, 08:56 PM
you have to be carefull with shrubs etc. ,because if they dont take for whatever reason ,your usually on the hook for the replacement

Have you ever ran into that?

Also do you do anything to improve the odds of them making it through the first season?