PDA

View Full Version : how many flyers per week?

mcgreen1
04-12-2012, 04:01 PM
For those of you passing out flyers door to door, how many do you put out a week on average?

Steve
04-12-2012, 05:56 PM
I think it will depend on a number of factors including how long it takes you to reach each house and do this. Also, how many responses you want to get.

If you can get a 1 to 2% response rate, that is pretty good.

So if you hand out 100 flyers, you might get 1 call back, but 1,000 flyers might get you 10.

polarisrider4life
04-24-2012, 03:17 PM
i completely gave up on flyers for lawn work and instead i put more focus into delivering the highest quality product for the most fair price and customer service had to be high. The last year i did lawns i handed out 1500 flyers in my immediate area and got 2 responses, niether of which yielded anything. IN MY OPINION it is a high cost form of advertisment for to little a reward. Maybe it's just me lol

Apex Lawn & Landscape
04-24-2012, 03:45 PM
i completely gave up on flyers for lawn work and instead i put more focus into delivering the highest quality product for the most fair price and customer service had to be high. The last year i did lawns i handed out 1500 flyers in my immediate area and got 2 responses, niether of which yielded anything. IN MY OPINION it is a high cost form of advertisment for to little a reward. Maybe it's just me lol

It's not just you, they are expensive with little turn around, steve said it exactly...you will send out 1,000 flyers and get maybe 2-3 calls. The best thing you can do is network through your customers, use their connections and tell them referrals lead to discounts for them...I've never handed out flyers, I've been kind, done a good job, and have been reliable...let that do the work. I have 20+ mowing accounts , could get more but I have non stop calls for hardscapes, mulch, planting etc. In my phone today I have over 160 contacts from prior jobs and not one flyer passed out.

mcgreen1
04-25-2012, 02:18 AM
i have put out about 1200 flyers door to door that resulted in 5 estimates. In turn 1 client signed up for lawn treatment only. Have an estimate Friday also, looks promising.

Steve
04-25-2012, 04:06 PM
I have put out about 1200 flyers door to door

How long did that take you? How many can you do in a day?

stevef1201
04-25-2012, 06:41 PM
I have passed out thousands upon thousands of flyers with NO NEW CUSTOMERs.

I have however had great response with a small classified ad in the local newspaper. 6 bucks a week, 18 full time and 3 parttime customers, monthly income of just over 2500. I know seems like its small, but I am growing each month.

Forget the door hangers, flyers, etc. Use business cards, classified ads, and dont forget the INTERNET.

My web sight has gotten me 5 VERY good very high end lawns.

Leon
05-13-2012, 10:29 PM
I pass out flyers all the time I have picked up about 30 new accounts in the last month in a half. You flyers must have something to get people to call. I design my own postcard flyer then had them printed full color. If I pass out 500 I will get about 25-30 calls

Doylemullins
06-08-2012, 06:11 AM
I cut in Florida so the response may be higher, but door hanging is my favorite way to advertise. I get between .75% an 1.5% response rate. It takes me 1 hour to deliver 100 flyers. So I get around 1 job for every hour I walk the neighborhoods. I always park my truck and trailer in front of the neighborhood so people see my signs, I dress like a landscaper, and I am freindly and I don't interupt anyones day. Most of my lawns are $80 per month so the return is huge if you have the right expectations. All of my flyers are black and white on green paper. I pay about 6 cents a piece for them. So I spend about an hour each time and 6 dollars to get a new customer. Worth every penny!!

LawnBoy0311
07-21-2012, 09:58 PM
Here is an idea I recently did... 20 cents a flyer. I put an ad on craigslist looking for people to hand out flyers. I printed out a sheet with directions for them, went on google earth to target areas, and counted the houses on the streets. This way I could send out 5 or 6 people in areas I targeted. I paid them .20 a flyer to place in the door. So after 60 houses they get $12. We did about 500 of them and I paid them after the work was done. Of those 500, I got 1 call, and it was for a fall clean up. Waste of time and money in my eyes. My new idea is this...buying pens in bulk with your name on it and passing them out to restaurants. There was a survey that came out that 60%-65% of restaraunt customers don't mow their own lawns. I figure if you buy a few hundred pens, then pass them out to restaurants, the servers and customers will see them. The pens will start to move about the community and everyone will see your name.

willshome
07-21-2012, 10:12 PM
I use pens as business cards people use pens, cards get thrown out

LawnBoy0311
07-21-2012, 10:28 PM
I use pens as business cards people use pens, cards get thrown out

How does it work for you?? Anyone ever say they saw on from a pen?

willshome
07-22-2012, 06:27 AM
How does it work for you?? Anyone ever say they saw on from a pen?

One of my customers (fall cleanup) lost my # but found the pen and called. Part of it is just getting people to know your name there is no one "fix"
Pens are cheap and useful

Caskey Lawns & Landscapes
07-22-2012, 07:17 AM
I agree that seems very high for returns...but if it works !! keep doing it...;)