PDA

View Full Version : Safety Videos for Lawn & Landscaping

aldc
04-08-2012, 11:18 AM
Hey guys I started my company last year and this coming working year, I will be hiring several guys to work with me and Im looking for safety videos for lawn care and landscaping. Does anyone know of a website for a place that I can find safety videos to show my employees?

Thank you in advance for you're help.

Steve
04-09-2012, 12:44 PM
You know that is a fantastic question and request.

I don't think we have seen any safety videos like that on here but with all our members, there could be one heck of a library of them created if members made them as different issues came up.

So everyone reading this, keep your camera handy for the times when you want to say NEVER DO THIS!

Cashin H&P
04-09-2012, 06:44 PM
I feel like alot of us do stuff you should never do alot lol or the classic dont try this at home haha

aldc
04-10-2012, 12:28 AM
I like your idea Steve, possibly some reenacting videos and a lot of posting videos on here...

CHEESE2009
04-10-2012, 09:13 AM
In the moment, saving 5 minutes for some reason becomes a big deal, and we all end up doing some pretty bad sh*t lol.

Guy1: "The tractor can't take that hill".

Guy2: "I already made the decision, it's too late to turn back".

Guy1: It's going to slide.

Guy2: ... Yeah...

*does it anyway*

^ day in the life

Steve
04-10-2012, 01:26 PM
I feel like alot of us do stuff you should never do alot lol or the classic dont try this at home haha

I think that is the case too, but there can be a big problem when you get an employee and you turn them loose to do something you have a lot of experience doing.

Like Scott said, he finds himself sliding down a hill. If he has done it a bunch of times, he gets the feel for what he can handle and what he can't. A new employee may have a major accident over something you would find to be minor because you have done it so often.

That's why those safety videos always seem so silly to those in the know, but to those that are new, it's very helpful.

wandfsmall
04-10-2012, 03:44 PM
as for legit training videos look at Hustler or John Deere for the ztr videos and Echo has a really nice trimming video.