PDA

View Full Version : soft ware for the newby

earthworks knoxville
04-07-2012, 07:23 PM
hi my name is Mike i just started a lawn cvare biz thiis year, i have to say we have been very blessed with business.IUn one month we have managed to land 30 accounts.my question is what soft ware would you recomend for someone just starting out?the daily planner isnt working:eek:

JeffK26
04-07-2012, 10:28 PM
Gopher Software

Here (http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=forum)

CS-LawnService
04-08-2012, 05:04 AM
Gopher Software

Here (http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=forum)

Gopher kicks *** been a few years since it was updated but it works very well for the price

CS-LawnService
04-09-2012, 05:16 AM
i have downloaded the free version of gopher i have to say i really like the sceduling and custumer log part.although im lost on how to keep up with who owes what and if certain customer has paid or if some hasnt.can youy help me:confused:

i generate invoice each day after I complete the jobs and then copy them to pdf file and send the invoice out email ,after invoice is created it will show a balance next to customers name when you pull up your customer list.

On clients that pay in advance for several services it will show a positive balance and then when that hits 0 I know its time to bill those again

earthworks knoxville
04-15-2012, 07:09 PM
Hi guys i took ur advise and bought gopher basic.well i have run into one problem.when i create a new bill(and i take it thats only way to keep up with whos paid what) when i put in lets say 1 cut $50 when i hit ok and it adds it up and i look on open accounts it doubles everythiong.i checked to make sure i wasnt putting in we did 2 of something.can someone please help me with this:eek:

mark123
04-15-2012, 07:30 PM
Hi guys i took ur advise and bought gopher basic.well i have run into one problem.when i create a new bill(and i take it thats only way to keep up with whos paid what) when i put in lets say 1 cut $50 when i hit ok and it adds it up and i look on open accounts it doubles everythiong.i checked to make sure i wasnt putting in we did 2 of something.can someone please help me with this:eek:

Wait. Backup. What??? Have you read the manual?

Here is how to create invoices:
Schedule jobs (I do this once at the beginning of the year and once when I add a new customer) Mark jobs complete (I do this at the end of the day) Generate invoices (I do this at the end of the month)

Al Kessinger
04-15-2012, 09:58 PM
has anyone used the calculators avail. on this forum before if so how well do they work at pricing accurately

earthworks knoxville
04-18-2012, 08:51 PM
thank you mark 123.when all else fails read manual haha.I purchased the software its doing great.seems to be the the simplest i found:p