PDA

View Full Version : John Deere 325 tractor/mower ???

Moki
04-04-2012, 10:59 PM
The townhouse complex that I have the contract for has a 10 - 12 year old John Deere 325 tractor/mower/trailer/snow blower/snow plough blade/25gal liquid tank with electric pump motor/rear grass collection bags/tire chains.

The unit has 700 hours on it and was serviced at the dealership every year.

I am looking at buying this unit from them and would appreciate any comments/thoughts/recommendations/pro's-cons/value etc.

Thanks

Steve
04-06-2012, 01:28 AM
Would it be beneficial to just use it on their jobsite and not have to buy it?

picframer
04-06-2012, 04:58 AM
That is one of the older garden tractors, don't get me wrong they are excellent machines if taken care of, that is critical, Deere has made major changes to this series.

B-2 Lawncare
04-06-2012, 09:24 AM
The townhouse complex that I have the contract for has a 10 - 12 year old John Deere 325 tractor/mower/trailer/snow blower/snow plough blade/25gal liquid tank with electric pump motor/rear grass collection bags/tire chains.

The unit has 700 hours on it and was serviced at the dealership every year.

I am looking at buying this unit from them and would appreciate any comments/thoughts/recommendations/pro's-cons/value etc.

Thanks

if tractor and mower are in good shape $2000. The blower if in good shape $1000. Snow plow $600, the tank $200.

Moki
04-06-2012, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the pricing that helps a lot.

From what I understand the snow blower may have never have been used.

If I buy the unit/blower/plow they have already asked if I will do the snow contract this coming winter = works for me.

The tractor unit has not been started since last fall.

I have the tractor battery charging right now and was planning to go to the complex to get it running today but Murphy smacked me on my way home yesterday = my water pump let go on my 7.3 turbo diesel.

I have all of the parts already just need to swap it out today.

Moki
04-06-2012, 02:01 PM
Would it be beneficial to just use it on their jobsite and not have to buy it?
That is also an option that has been discussed but my preference would be to use the tractor/equipment away from the complex as well = I would need to buy it in order to do that.

They are willing to barter with me = they have asked me to fall/remove appr 20 more trees pricing would be from $50.00 - $400.00 each depending on the size difficulty of each tree.

I'm hoping this job would more than cover the cost of the tractor bonus is they have also asked me to do the snow removal.

I plan on going after more townhouse complexs next year, I also have bids/quotes in for Fraser Health the government entity that looks after all of the hospitals/old folks homes etc to do pressure washing and grounds care for them.

Steve
04-06-2012, 06:11 PM
Keep us posted on how it goes with all that and take some pictures! I'd love to see the condition of it all.

Moki
04-13-2012, 08:59 AM
We have agreed on a price now but it includes far more stuff than I thought it was going to include.

All the John Deere stuff +

2) Honda lawnmowers (these are top end residential models and only a couple of years old)

1) Stihl 420 backpack blower

1) Stihl 90 hedger/weed eater/edger (this is not a Kombi they swapped out the heads)

1) 2000psi older Honda pressure washer

2) 50' pressure washer hoses and a couple of wands

+ an assortment of shovels/rakes/limbing tools etc etc

Bonus is I get to keep all of the equipment in the two sheds on the complex so I can send in my guys and everything is there for them.

We agreed for all of the above the grand total of $3000.00 and I can either work off this amount by dropping trees or doing gutters/pressure washing I was planning on paying up front for everything but they are happy to work it off over the next year or so. :eek:

Then two days ago a possible bonus came up the fellow in charge of the maintenance for the 46 unit townhouse complex right beside the one I have the contract for has been watching my work he has asked me to quote them.

He has even told me what they are paying now which is as far as I am concerned a bit steep I can come in at least $4000.00 - $5000.00 less and still make money especially if I can score the pressure washing/gutter and other exclusive contracts/job here as well this is also a 12 month contract.

If I can pull all of this off this will be a very good first year in business... :cool:

Steve
04-13-2012, 08:46 PM
Then two days ago a possible bonus came up the fellow in charge of the maintenance for the 46 unit townhouse complex right beside the one I have the contract for has been watching my work he has asked me to quote them.

That is fantastic news!

How has going through your previous commercial bidding experiences effected your ability to now feel confident to bid this one? What are you doing differently in the estimating process that you might not have done in the past?

Moki
04-13-2012, 11:08 PM
Made it much easier this time = I just compared the size of my existing complex and amount of work to do there to this much smaller complex.

I was really scared the last/first time I quoted pricing but not this time having the new contact view my work and approach me also made it easier.

I took a bit of time today to get the 325 John Deere running it has been sitting since last Oct I had charged the battery last weekend so the battery was charged.

Took only a few minutes and the 325 was purring for me took it for a little boot it goes great. I had my dad show up to check it out he has been around John Deere tractors for years.

His comment was and this was with a whisper because he didn't want anyone else to hear "WOW you are getting a sweet deal"...

We also started the Honda lawnmowers they have had a hard life but they were also running smoothly after only a few pulls.

I brought home the Stihl 420 backpack blower it needs some fuel so I will check it out this Sunday.

Its crazy only 8 months ago I started this business on a shoe string budget and it is already taking off I wouldn't have believed it if it was happening too me.

:cool:

Steve
04-16-2012, 08:10 PM
Its crazy only 8 months ago I started this business on a shoe string budget and it is already taking off I wouldn't have believed it if it was happening too me.

That is fantastic news!

With all these experiences going on, what advice do you have for the start up business owner who is reading this posting wondering how they can get to where you have gotten?

Any top 5 things to do or not to do?