PDA

View Full Version : WorldLawn?

RAlawncare
04-04-2012, 10:11 PM
I have decided to not go with the cub cadet 33in. mower. I have found a 2012 WorldLawn 28in. walk-behind mower at a local dealer for $1,200 and i am looking to buy a larger backpack blower too so i amgaine he will give me a good package deal. Do you guys know anything about WorldLawn? Anybody have one? here is the link...
http://www.afftonlawn.com/pages/myinventory#details:unitID=100043445

SECTLANDSCAPING
04-04-2012, 10:17 PM
All I know is there china made. I had a kids chinese 4 wheeler and the bolts were breaking off it.

RAlawncare
04-04-2012, 10:38 PM
All I know is there china made. I had a kids chinese 4 wheeler and the bolts were breaking off it.

I thought it was an american company???

SECTLANDSCAPING
04-04-2012, 11:14 PM

I think they operate out of california and bought encore in 2011 but there definitely a chinese company.

Hedgemaster
04-04-2012, 11:57 PM
I think they operate out of california and bought encore in 2011 but there definitely a chinese company.

Yes. I was looking into purchasing one a few months ago. The website now mentions "Made in USA", but I don't think that means it's any better now, just the same thing being made here.

It's a low end mower. Period. I was considering a leftover 33" at my local dealer for $1,000, but changed my mind. I was "this close" to doing it, but felt that I'd be regretting it and wishing I had applied that money toward a better unit - and I did.

Yo do what is best for you. I had people tell me what I should do without knowing anything about me or my finances, or my intended usage. I still think it would have been "OK" for my purposes, but really, I'm glad I didn't buy it.

wandfsmall
04-05-2012, 08:21 AM

no world lawn is based in china, I have a feeling it is kinda like the exmark/toro thing where they have a plant in mexico produceing mowers and shipping them to texas for final assembly to call them made in the usa:mad:

Steve
04-06-2012, 02:24 AM
The website now mentions "Made in USA",

I wonder if they meant the actual website was made in the usa? :)

Do you guys know anything about WorldLawn? Anybody have one?

How has this advice effected what you decided to buy?

CS-LawnService
04-06-2012, 05:29 AM

That's what happens when you put a 200 pound man on a kids machine :D

bantam1
04-06-2012, 11:20 PM
I just purchased a 48" worldlawn it has a peerless 5 speed tranny,a 17hp kawasaki and I paid $1400.00 less for it new than any of the big name brands. Granted some of the finer finshes may not be as sharp but I am about mowing and making money not about paying thousands more for a product with the same driveline. They also have a 2yr full warranty on all except belts and blades. Sure I would like to have all the big shiny brands would'nt we all? Get what you can afford take care of it and it will serve you well.

SECTLANDSCAPING
04-07-2012, 12:36 AM
I just purchased a 48" worldlawn it has a peerless 5 speed tranny,a 17hp kawasaki and I paid $1400.00 less for it new than any of the big name brands. Granted some of the finer finshes may not be as sharp but I am about mowing and making money not about paying thousands more for a product with the same driveline. They also have a 2yr full warranty on all except belts and blades. Sure I would like to have all the big shiny brands would'nt we all? Get what you can afford take care of it and it will serve you well.

you joined just to say that? I smell salesman.

The warranty is good though, the MTD walkbehinds and ZTRs arent worth the paper there printed on. I would still buy a used toro/scag/exmark, any day over a cheap brand.

That's what happens when you put a 200 pound man on a kids machine :D
lol. hey it said it was rated for 250. I was only about 190 at the time. My buddy is heavier then me and he has a old honda 3 wheeler that takes the abuse.

bantam1
04-07-2012, 12:21 PM
lol salesman hardly and I've actually been on here for close to year. I've owned a scag before and there is no comparision to one of thier products but in recent years name brand name mowers have got ridiculous in price. When I bout my Turf Tiger about 8yrs ago I think it was in the 6500 dollar range now they have nearly doubled in price. I don't see it. Just my opinion and we all know how those are.lol

wandfsmall
04-07-2012, 04:07 PM

the peerless is one of the things I question, they were once a good transmission but they fell off of the earth when Tecumseh went bankrupt and parts dried up. I have no idea of the quality of them now. I would price around as most of the time a Bobcat or Snapper walk will be close in price to a world lawn.

SECTLANDSCAPING
04-07-2012, 06:17 PM
lol salesman hardly and I've actually been on here for close to year. I've owned a scag before and there is no comparision to one of thier products but in recent years name brand name mowers have got ridiculous in price. When I bout my Turf Tiger about 8yrs ago I think it was in the 6500 dollar range now they have nearly doubled in price. I don't see it. Just my opinion and we all know how those are.lol

No offense, You just seem someone pop up on a random post promoting a product and think sales rep.

I been buying used and finding good deals. I picked up a scag 3 wheeler with a 61" deck for $800. I almost bought a second one for $400 but had no where to put it, these things are long but cut great. A 27 hp great dane brutus with a 52" for $1250. A 44" toro proline walk behind for $300. Just to name a few and there all still running.

bantam1
04-07-2012, 09:21 PM
None taken at all. And you may be correct the thing may fly apart in 6 months but I've mowed with it for 2 days and have been very impressed with it. All the used stuff around here is pretty well worn out and people still want 1200 to 1500 for it I watched Craigs and all the local papers for weeks. I got the Wordlawn for 3300 new out the door. May have been a mistake but I guess time will tell.lol