PDA

View Full Version : Officially started

sped1111
04-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Last year decided I'd go into lawn cutting and light landscaping as a side job. Told a couple of buddies in passing conversation. I guess word of mouth is the best advertisement because the one buddy's boss call me to cut his lawn. His lawn has some hills, I'd say 45 minutes on a riding lawn mower, plus some for trimming and blowing the grass off the driveway. Turns out he's paying 90 dollars a week so when he asked me how much I said 70 thus my first client. Asked if I aerated so I said yes never only having done it once but mentioned I didn't have an aerator. I said they are 100 bucks at Princess Auto so he said I guess I'll pay you a 100 bucks to aerate. So far so good. I'll keep ya posted on any further developments or additional clients. I've got a few flyer's out and some more leads. I'm hoping for 4-6 clients and around 400 dollars a week. Wait and see.

Steve
04-04-2012, 01:51 AM
That is great news! It shows the importance too of reaching out to people you know first when you are getting started. It is so much easier to sell to people you know than those you dont!

Keep us updated on your progress!

CS-LawnService
04-04-2012, 05:12 AM
Thats the way I would have done it also ,get the job then the equipment ,do not buy the tools first hoping to get the job.