PDA

View Full Version : First Post and First Question

JC Lawnscape
04-03-2012, 03:21 PM
So I have started up my lawn care business. After two days on doing flyers and advertising on Craigslist I got my first call. The potential client calls and ask I would charge to cut his yard. I went out to take a look at it and told him what I would charge and he about had a coronary. My question is how much would you have charged to do this 1 acre property? The grass was about shin high. I'm 5'9. Needless to say it was pretty high.

Steve
04-04-2012, 01:42 AM
Welcome to our forum!

What kind of equipment were you going to use to perform the job? How long were you estimating the job to take? And what price?

Don't be too concerned if one person freaks out about your estimate, but you should start to be concerned when many have issues with your pricing.

CS-LawnService
04-04-2012, 05:17 AM
So I have started up my lawn care business. After two days on doing flyers and advertising on Craigslist I got my first call. The potential client calls and ask I would charge to cut his yard. I went out to take a look at it and told him what I would charge and he about had a coronary. My question is how much would you have charged to do this 1 acre property? The grass was about shin high. I'm 5'9. Needless to say it was pretty high.
I charge 45 an acre but if it was shin high it would need to be cut twice so it would have been 90 for the first cut and then 45 each cut after.