PDA

View Full Version : Hey

kac0825
04-02-2012, 01:42 PM
Hey guys! New to the forum. Im in alot of toyota 4runner forums and such so the formats the same!

Im thinking about starting up a pressure washing/landscaping business to help on the side. (My part time job isnt enough to fund my car mods) And any advice anyone has is ALWAYS welcome. The hardest part is im 17, and in my senior year of high school, so i want people to take me serious.

If you guys have any ideas/tips/ways to generate business/ect let me know! Thanks

-Kyle

bluebird
04-02-2012, 09:00 PM
Hello, Kyle. Yes most forums seem to use the same recipe. If you just search around the categories on here you can get a lot of the info you need.

It might be difficult to juggle school, pat time job , and your own venture. Many people have done it though. Best of luck Kyle.

kac0825
04-03-2012, 12:24 AM
Thanks! Yeah it'll be alot of work but Im up for the challenge!

Any tips on how to generate business and keep the company as professional as possible?

CHEESE2009
04-03-2012, 02:20 AM
I had a beard the day I was born, so people took me seriously, and treated me as the man I am. If not, I would have to beat them up.

Other than that, having genuine confidence will keep you looking your best.

Learn all you can. Everything about business is easy, but, figuring out how you handle situations is not.

Love,

Dr. S

Steve
04-04-2012, 12:54 AM
Hi Kyle,

Welcome to our forum!

Why not start by offering the service to family, friends, and people you know. Get yourself started and hand out some business cards. Then as you get more jobs, ask your customers for referrals or to refer you to their friends and family.

Keep us posted on how all this goes for you.

kac0825
04-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the advice. I made up some flyers and had a couple hundred business cards made so now the next step is passing them out. I've tried handing out flyers before with very little success, so is there a trick? Also, i only want this to be relatively small scale. Not sure the BEST way to proceed. Should i just hand em out in the neighborhood? Thanks for the advice everyone, and i'll keep everyone posted on how it goes in this thread!

Steve
04-06-2012, 01:02 AM
handing out flyers before with very little success, so is there a trick?

I think the biggest trick is to either put them in the hands of people you know who need lawn care service or just mass distribution so you improve your odds of getting calls.

You don't have to grow any bigger than you want to. But it is better to have calls and to turn them down than to not have any at all.

kac0825
04-07-2012, 12:09 AM
So true! Thanks!

So i posted a ad on craigslist
http://ocala.craigslist.org/fgs/2942903599.html
http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z462/kac0825/flyer123123.jpg
Opinions are much appreciated

Im handing out 300 flyers, and another 500 business cards tommorow and sunday. Hopefully will get 1/2 calls to make enough money to buy more advertising stuff.

SECTLANDSCAPING
04-07-2012, 12:21 AM
The 15% off of $50 doesnt make sense. All your jobs will be more then $50. I'm going to clean a deck tomorrow for $160.

kac0825
04-07-2012, 11:50 PM
It was supposed to be 75 (Which is what alot of people said their minimum charge for a driveway was)
But when i realized i put 50, i had already posted it.

Its pretty basic, but i did it all on Microsoft word 2011 and didnt have a better editor