PDA

View Full Version : Pachysandra Seed

warbuff
03-29-2012, 08:31 AM
Anyone know a supplier where I can buy Pachysandra seed?

Looking to do some slope stabilization but planting it by the flat is not cost effective for the area we would like to cover.

Steve
03-29-2012, 04:51 PM
I just did a quick search and found this.

http://www.jungseed.com/dp.asp?pID=13352&c=351&p=Pachysandra

Take some pics of the job and show us what you are up too.

warbuff
03-30-2012, 05:55 AM
I just did a quick search and found this.

http://www.jungseed.com/dp.asp?pID=13352&c=351&p=Pachysandra

Take some pics of the job and show us what you are up too.

I spent several hours looking for a source last night but still haven't had much luck with it, so far every supplier I've found only sells cuttings or flats and not the seed.

I was hoping we could use our hydro-seeder to apply the seed but its looking like that won't be a viable option

Cashin H&P
03-30-2012, 07:19 AM
I spent several hours looking for a source last night but still haven't had much luck with it, so far every supplier I've found only sells cuttings or flats and not the seed.

I was hoping we could use our hydro-seeder to apply the seed but its looking like that won't be a viable option

Pachysandra gorw really fast. You could see if you nursey will give you a discount on a large amout. Plant it not far from eachother and in a year the hill will be covered. I have never herd of buying the seed though. I thought it was only sold in flats.

Steve
03-30-2012, 01:19 PM

I have never seen that, but that certainly would be really neat!

Oh, check this place out. They talk about seed versus plant usage and it seems like they sell it too.

http://www.jw-pachysandra.com/Should-I-Plant-Pachysandra-Seeds-or-Plants.html

warbuff
03-31-2012, 06:09 AM
Pachysandra gorw really fast. You could see if you nursey will give you a discount on a large amout. Plant it not far from eachother and in a year the hill will be covered. I have never herd of buying the seed though. I thought it was only sold in flats.

I have a friend who has about 12,000 square feet of it and hates it, Was thinking about, offering to remove it for him and using it for the job I'm looking to do but its still a ton of work either way.

Steve
04-02-2012, 02:29 PM
How would you remove it, to reuse it? Use a sod cutter?

warbuff
04-02-2012, 11:14 PM
How would you remove it, to reuse it? Use a sod cutter?

Use an edger to cut 2' x 4' sections then use dingo bucket to get under and lift the sections out (could do the same with a skidsteer but the sections would be to heavy to handle by hand when it was time to replant it.

It worked like a charm for another client a few years ago that wanted to trans plant from one section of his property to another. Just have to make sure you keep that area your transplanting to well watered.

Steve
04-03-2012, 11:46 PM
Very interesting! I'd love to have seen that!