PDA

View Full Version : Whats a good Marketing Service?

cruzgardening
03-28-2012, 02:31 AM
Hey guys Craigslist has worked fantastic but now i have no time during 3 days out of the week to post my ads when they are the most efficient and we are looking into using a good marketing company to do the marketing for us, what services do you guys use?
are they nationwide? I live in California
are Lead services good?
Service magic was mentioned a lot before are tehy any good?
i have a site and SEO might be the asnwer for what i need, more clients waht do you guys think?

We are looking to expand about 50-60% we have been training people to start working with us and we set up everything for clients so far we have 100 accounts we need about 50-75, depending if they are weekly of biweekly, more this year what do you guys think would be the best way of doing this?

Steve
03-28-2012, 12:07 PM
Can you do more marketing to the neighbors of your current customers? When you are done mowing each account, can you cloverleaf (http://lawnchat.com/lawn-care-business/the-clover-leaf-lawn-care-marketing-technique.html) the neighborhood with flyers?

CHEESE2009
03-28-2012, 03:21 PM
Most customers come from word of mouth, or by meeting them face to face. Or at gunpoint.

Online marketing isn't as appealing to homeowners as one would think. Those who use online to find local companies are usually looking to find someone cheap.

My idea;

Advertise saying you are cheap, but give them your usual price when it comes down to it. They might not even know the difference.

Also, use the word 'inexpensive'. The word 'cheap' is degrading and somewhat unprofessional.

thegroundscrew
03-28-2012, 03:34 PM
Cheese I have to disagree with online marketing. I don't think it is cheap at all unless you physically say you are cheap and inexpensive or have a crappy, unprofessional website. But other than that it works great and is where I get all my business. I would reccommend Google Adwords. You only pay per click. It is good for getting your name out there and I have have great success. I have a budget of $25.00 per day and go through it all by the end of the night. I get at least two to four calls a day for bids. But through experience, gun point works the best. haha. There are many great SEO companies out there. I like to support local companies so I have one in the Seattle area where I live, and it also works great. keep us updated on what you decide to do.

CHEESE2009
03-28-2012, 03:47 PM
I have a problem with paying for companies to promote my site. There are too many 'bots' out there that are programmed to click on your ads, so that you keep on paying in. (at least with my experience using them)

Not to mention, even companies not related to your company at all, some have systems set up to click on your ads so that it makes more room for them to show their ads.

I found all this out by being scammed by Facebook one time, and doing hours upon hours of research while also reading up on similar stories.

It's really not fair. lol.

-

In other news, I am hungry.

Pizza = no
Chinese = no
Terrorist food = maybe
Burgers = no
Sandwiches = no
Steak = maybe

cruzgardening
03-28-2012, 11:48 PM
We do flyers already we get about 2-3 calls daily out of every 10 clients we visit we get 1 for service and one for other types of work so its working but i want something that brings more clients faster. I started the business a year ago or so and it has grown fast but i have people working for me doing installations and other landscape jobs that have nothing to do during the week and i would like them to get their hands dirty during the weeks they have nothing to do doing landscape jobs but with the amount of properties i have right now i can not pay them... So i have a crappy wix site (http://wix.com/cruzgardening/cruzgardening) which i need help with for sure and SEO might not work with this site.
Have you guys used lead companies? how efficient are they? i have a local company offering me leads they would charge me $100 the first month and $200 every month after that but they are only offering me about 20 clients a month i get more then that with the method i use, even though my method is a bit more expensive i still think $200 for leads is quite a bit of money...

SEO wont work for my site its flash any idea what to do about it? :D thank you for all ur time guys, you guys always help me out a ton!

CHEESE2009
03-29-2012, 03:56 PM
I wouldn't pay competition for leads. You will most likely end up with really crummy ones that aren't at all what you want. They will always keep the 'good' ones to themselves.

I wouldn't even consider paying them monthly for leads alone, that's ridiculous. There has to be some sort of guarantee, and you need to be able to evaluate each lead before spending any amount of money.

For a lead, it only makes sense to pay a single time fee that shouldn't be more than a dollar per lead. Unless your competitor can guarantee that these leads will hire you, I advice for you to keep your money away from them.

Your site looks good enough for something free.

Steve
03-29-2012, 04:58 PM
What about purchasing a mailing list in your area and send out lawn care post cards each month for 6 months and see what kind of response that gives you?

willshome
03-29-2012, 05:54 PM
I am with thegroundscrew I like google adwords as a part of your plan. I just started using it about 25 days ago. I have been on 1852 screens with 4 clicks on my ad costing me $18.76. I got one job (biweekly mowing). I think the more people see you name the better you will do in the long run. My website host (ipage.com) came with $100 credit for adwords to play with.

CHEESE2009
03-29-2012, 06:42 PM
I am with thegroundscrew I like google adwords as a part of your plan. I just started using it about 25 days ago. I have been on 1852 screens with 4 clicks on my ad costing me $18.76. I got one job (biweekly mowing). I think the more people see you name the better you will do in the long run. My website host (ipage.com) came with $100 credit for adwords to play with.

I use Ipage also. Just never go for the Facebook credit, they will scam you.

cruzgardening
03-30-2012, 11:58 PM
Ok so stay away from lead generating companies and facebook pay per click. Got It. So the best method u guys think is flyers? even though i am not growing at the speed i want to be growing? right now i cover about 4 cities a month with my flyers and i get a good response but not good enough for this years goal.

Steve i have never tried postcards i hear they are very expensive and the return is about 10%... you think it would be worth the money?

what i was thinking is buying the competitors out has anyone done that?
I do have 2 competitors willing to sell but how can i tell if their route is worth what they ask for?

Man o man i have too many questions this year :)

Steve
04-02-2012, 02:28 PM
Steve i have never tried postcards i hear they are very expensive and the return is about 10%... you think it would be worth the money?

If you can get a 10% return, that would be fantastic. Yes the process of printing, buying a mailing address, and mailing them is more costly but it is les time consuming than going door to door.

what i was thinking is buying the competitors out has anyone done that?
I do have 2 competitors willing to sell but how can i tell if their route is worth what they ask for?

Can you go with them and see what they are pricing the jobs at? Then compare them to what you would price each property.

Also, how many months revenue per job are they looking to get?

cruzgardening
04-04-2012, 01:17 AM
I think 10% is a super optimistic number wish i was able to get this haha i currently get .5% o think lol

last time i bought my route from someone i had to fight some of the clients to get what i thought was worth it...

do you think buying the competition and passing out flyers like crazy once i get their route is a good tactic? do you guys get mad when you guys see new guy passing out flyers on ur area?

Steve
04-05-2012, 11:42 PM
do you think buying the competition and passing out flyers like crazy once i get their route is a good tactic? do you guys get mad when you guys see new guy passing out flyers on ur area?

It sounds like a good plan. Keep us posted on how it all goes.

CHEESE2009
04-06-2012, 10:03 PM
Consistency is key.

In every form of advertising, the response is crap.

Try out all sorts of areas, different 'material' you use to advertise with.

Maybe people just don't like the color of the flier! Change it up!

-

Even if you only get five clients, after a month of serving them just say;

"So you like my service? Good, how bout we make a deal? You tell your friends about me and I'll take a few bucks off of your next bill".

Most of my clients have been received by word of mouth, the FEW clients before them have been received by fliers.

Fliers = Infection
Infection = Spreads

You give your customers aids, and they will spread them around like wildfire!

willshome
04-07-2012, 09:43 AM
cruzgardening what is your google ranking if your not on the first page your website is a waste of time

cruzgardening
04-08-2012, 04:09 AM
Consistency is key.

In every form of advertising, the response is crap.

Try out all sorts of areas, different 'material' you use to advertise with.

Maybe people just don't like the color of the flier! Change it up!

-

Even if you only get five clients, after a month of serving them just say;

"So you like my service? Good, how bout we make a deal? You tell your friends about me and I'll take a few bucks off of your next bill".

Most of my clients have been received by word of mouth, the FEW clients before them have been received by fliers.

Fliers = Infection
Infection = Spreads

You give your customers aids, and they will spread them around like wildfire!

i will scout around and instead of wasting my advertising dollars for SEO and other marketing im going to keep on sending out fliers and will either save or get a small loan to buy a small route.

i will try to get the clients help by giving them some discounts at the end of the month. Thankfully i still get calls on a daily basis regarding our services.

cruzgardening
04-08-2012, 04:11 AM
cruzgardening what is your google ranking if your not on the first page your website is a waste of time

im not sure wix ranks on google at all, i have a wix website might look into developing a different kind of site but for now im worried about growing within our area and even if we target our area with SEO there are no promises of the results like every other type of marketing. I think my best shot is buying out the smaller guys around us.

cruzgardening
04-08-2012, 04:19 AM

i jsut did a quick search in our area and it appears that we are ranked #1 with the thumbstack service and redbeacon which we used last year, they still have us as number one among their recommended lawn care providers and we rank #1 on google through them kind of funny.

Apex Lawn & Landscape
04-08-2012, 05:58 AM
Hey guys Craigslist has worked fantastic but now i have no time during 3 days out of the week to post my ads when they are the most efficient and we are looking into using a good marketing company to do the marketing for us, what services do you guys use?
are they nationwide? I live in California
are Lead services good?
Service magic was mentioned a lot before are tehy any good?
i have a site and SEO might be the asnwer for what i need, more clients waht do you guys think?

We are looking to expand about 50-60% we have been training people to start working with us and we set up everything for clients so far we have 100 accounts we need about 50-75, depending if they are weekly of biweekly, more this year what do you guys think would be the best way of doing this?

Offer a local restaurant / Deli / business free service in exchange for putting your biz card / flyer at their front counter, that's what I did. That's what I did and it's working well for me.

696 Signs
04-08-2012, 08:17 PM

Not true. You can use it to show clients (or perspective clients) what you do, the quality of your work, tips and tricks, etc. So while it might not be pulling in new clients....it can help you close clients that you found thru: News paper, flyer, word of mouth, truck and trailer lettering, tv, youtube, facebook, etc.

Oviously everyone wants to be on the 1st page, but there is ony so much room. Not everyone can be there and the time it takes to stay there can be more then its worth. Also you only need to rank high in your local area...not nation wide.

I didnt read the whole thread, so sorry if someone mentioned this stuff or I misunderstood what you guys are discusing.

Tony
696 Signs
www.696signs.com
248-233-6306
Sales @ 696signs.com

jymie
04-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Your websites keywords are what put you where you rank locally. For example, in my area, type in lawn care hamburg NY and I'm right at the top. Your keyword phrases should include the towns you service as well as the zip codes. All your services etc. If someone is looking for bush trimming in 14075 for example if that in in your keywords, they will find you.

cruzgardening
04-09-2012, 12:56 AM
Your websites keywords are what put you where you rank locally. For example, in my area, type in lawn care hamburg NY and I'm right at the top. Your keyword phrases should include the towns you service as well as the zip codes. All your services etc. If someone is looking for bush trimming in 14075 for example if that in in your keywords, they will find you.

thats what i do for craigslist and i get lots of calls from the areas i want and 1 or 2 calls from areas i do not service, also i come up on google for my area ranked #3 and #1 through thumbstack and redbeacon its nice. I will be looking to buy a local guy who is willing to sell, need to get the capital ready thank you guys