PDA

View Full Version : Envro Hold

stevef1201
03-27-2012, 03:51 PM
Saw a product called Envirohold, you mix half and half with water and spray it on mulch, its supposed to bind the mulch together and not allow the wind, rain, running water, etc move it.

Has anybody used something like this?

Does it really work?

Any answers would be appriciated.

brian'slawncare
03-27-2012, 09:05 PM
I would think that would cause more harm because when mulch gets all bound together, it grows stuff like mold, mildew, etc. underneath. Although correct me if I am wrong because I am not necessarily an expert in this field.

Steve
03-28-2012, 12:56 PM
I haven't heard of the product, but how often are you finding your mulch moving? If it is, what's the cause?

CHEESE2009
03-28-2012, 04:30 PM
Don't bother with it. Sounds kinda-crazy.

You make more money replacing mulch for clients than keeping it there for them. :D

EnviroHold website (http://www.enviroholdusa.com/)

I always figured this would be one of the things clients would want to avoid, is clumpy solid mulch. Takes away that fresh feeling.

Hair gel is cheaper if you're going to go for that perfect hold.
http://www.medimanage.com/Images/1399.jpg

Hedgemaster
03-28-2012, 07:27 PM
Sounds like the "solution" for people who want areas mulched that SHOULD NOT have mulch on them - like steep hills.

Steve
03-29-2012, 05:37 PM
Very good point and if the mulch is being moved by water flow, I would think that could be corrected in other and better ways.

Hedgemaster
03-29-2012, 10:38 PM
Very good point and if the mulch is being moved by water flow, I would think that could be corrected in other and better ways.

Yeah. Nearly every single property has hills around here.
Many times that hillsides are rather steep and rather than landscaping them properly, people get the bright idea to "put down that plastic stuff and cover it with mulch".
It's certainly less expensive than doing it the right way, but it never lasts.

Steve
03-30-2012, 02:09 PM
When they want that, what kinds of alternatives would you suggest to them?

Hedgemaster
03-30-2012, 05:15 PM
When they want that, what kinds of alternatives would you suggest to them?

I dunno. I'm not a landscaper - I mow lawns. ;)

Retaining walls are the solution around here. As a result of the hilly terrain, nearly every single home has a wall of some sort along the driveway or elsewhere on the property.

Terracing, or using stone would be better alternatives to using mulch on slopes too steep to hold mulch.