PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Robin oil check

bluebird
03-26-2012, 02:15 PM
I am unsure of dipstick oil level on this old Snapper with Wisconsin Robin motor. Should the dipstick be screwed in for the reading or not screwed in.

Steve
03-27-2012, 12:41 PM
Can you take a picture of it so we can see it?

wandfsmall
03-28-2012, 08:21 AM
I am unsure of dipstick oil level on this old Snapper with Wisconsin Robin motor. Should the dipstick be screwed in for the reading or not screwed in.

I think the answer is not screwed in but I would need the model number of the engine to tell you for sure. It has been at least 5 years since I have worked on a Wisconsin Robin engine.

bluebird
03-28-2012, 11:04 AM
Ok . this is a 1992 snapper comercial hi vac. The motor is Wisconson Robin .

model WI - 185v spec 800979. I also see a EY20V on the base of the engine mount. Steve sorry I dont have capability of photo. If I screw the dipstick in and then unscrew it and pull it out, the oil level is distorted. So I am thinking that maybe I should just insert dipstick, then pull out. Anyway, the reading is a drastic change. So I need to be sure. Thanks

wandfsmall
03-29-2012, 11:18 PM
Ok . this is a 1992 snapper comercial hi vac. The motor is Wisconson Robin .

model WI - 185v spec 800979. I also see a EY20V on the base of the engine mount. Steve sorry I dont have capability of photo. If I screw the dipstick in and then unscrew it and pull it out, the oil level is distorted. So I am thinking that maybe I should just insert dipstick, then pull out. Anyway, the reading is a drastic change. So I need to be sure. Thanks

sorry about the delay I have been busy at work, also I have not found any of my Robin manuals, I will have to look this weekend at the other location to see if I left them. As I said it has been more then 5 years since I worked on one so they might be at the older location.

bluebird
03-30-2012, 09:12 AM
thanks wandfsmall. No rush. I have the oil level at a point where it is not over filled if dipstick is screwed in, and not too low if checked without screwed in. But would like to get it right.

wandfsmall
04-04-2012, 09:24 AM
thanks wandfsmall. No rush. I have the oil level at a point where it is not over filled if dipstick is screwed in, and not too low if checked without screwed in. But would like to get it right.

I tried to find my robin books and have not located them, as I said it has been years since I have worked on one, guess it got misplaced in my move to the new shop:(

bluebird
04-05-2012, 09:14 PM
Thanks for trying. I know it is difficult getting info on these older machines..
I do have the original owners manual . I just need to look better this weekend . Its in a storage unit.