PDA

View Full Version : questionable website

bluebird
03-26-2012, 02:07 PM
CheapGrassCut.com - Cheap Grass Cut Affordable Lawn Mowing ...cheapgrasscut.com Well I couldnt copy and paste the web page , but has anyone heard of or farmiliar with this ? Is it a too good to be true deal, I dont know.

CHEESE2009
03-26-2012, 07:03 PM
I looked at it for .01 seconds and it looks like crap.

Now let me look at it some more...

Yup, it's still crap and also very stupid. It doesn't benefit those who own a lawn maintenance business at all if it's all about keeping costs down... It's STUPID!

Cheap is also a nasty word. This fellow does nothing but talk trash about us by using that word.

Whoever this is, I hope a boot breaks off in your arse, moron.

I bet all the illegal immigrants and 12 year old boys will be thrilled to hear about you.

The last thing we want is to get clients because we're cheap, don't be ridiculous.

bluebird
03-27-2012, 11:41 AM
I was wondering if anyone knows how they get customers. What got me interested is a local landscape guy who has the account for my apartment complex. He told me that he got the account through the website, and some smaller jobs also. So I was just wondering. By the way , he is a retired Army guy and has his son help . Not Mexican.

abbot
03-27-2012, 11:50 AM
I was wondering if anyone knows how they get customers. What got me interested is a local landscape guy who has the account for my apartment complex. He told me that he got the account through the website, and some smaller jobs also. So I was just wondering. By the way , he is a retired Army guy and has his son help . Not Mexican.

I would not put even a single minute into this website. Don't even THINK about advertising through it.

It's an embarrassment to the internet and specifically web designers and internet consultants. THIS is why people are eerie when it comes to websites these days.

This is exactly what I preach that my clients DON'T do. Please don't fall for ****ty advertising schemes.

You may say its free...Well no...it's not....it actually is COSTING your business money by advertising on a website like this. Customers don't know that the website is a directory that is not associated with your business. They relate THIS website directly to YOUR business.

Now it's not too hard to see that this website is very unappealing. Do you want your potential clients to be using the word "unappealing" in the same sentence as your business? No, you will be creating a negative vibe about your business which ultimately WILL cost you. Trust me....stay away! ;)

CHEESE2009
03-27-2012, 12:42 PM

You should ask this Mexican how much he is being paid to do the apartment complex.

If you advertise cheap, you'll get customers for sure, but you can't really call yourself a successful business. It's all about making more money for less work, that's what we are all interested in. We don't want to be doing a lot more work just for more customers, there's absolutely no point it wasting all that time.

If I wanted a company to advertise how cheap I am, I mind as well be flipping burgers. The site should focus more on selling quality, not price.

NOTE: There is also this 'eco-friendly' b.s I saw... SO, people are actually going to work with battery powered/electric equipment for peanuts? LOL.

bluebird
03-27-2012, 02:47 PM
Good points. thanks for info.

stevef1201
03-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Recently the White House decided to contract out it lawn service
so a White House official contacted three companies to come and make a bid
The first was from chicago, the second was from Georgia, and the third was from New York.

On the day they were supposed to look at the job and submit a bid, The guy from New York measured the lawn, made notes as to how many shrubs to trim, asked questions about fertilizing, weed control etc.

He then told the White official it would cost 4000 dollars a month.

The guy from Georgia walked around and looked the area over, and said that due to his experience, and lower overhead he could do the job for 2000 a month.

The guy from chicago just there and waited for the other two guys to get finished, and motioned the White house official over, then whispered I'll it for 5 grand.

The white house official asked how he came up with such a number as he did not walk around nor take any measurements etc.

He said well, I get the job for 5 grand, hire the guy from Georgia to do the job for 2 grand, and then split the other 3 grand with you.

Guess who got the job!!!!!!

stevef1201
03-27-2012, 03:37 PM
Hey guys I got a cheep price for lawn mowing, any sized yard for only 5 bucks.

Now that will get customers, butt knowing my cost of doing business means that I would be losing about 20 per yard.

Now how would I have to offset that? By doing a ****ty job! No edging, no trimming, no blower work, and only half assed mowing.

Yes I have seen those types of ads, and thier work! I did go to one guy last year and ask him if he would like have a proper service-free- he said sure. After I got done, he asked how much that would cost, I told him. I not only signed him, but two of his neighbors, and three other friends of his.

brian'slawncare
03-27-2012, 09:08 PM
I not only signed him, but two of his neighbors, and three other friends of his.

Isn't amazing what word of mouth can do?

As for the website, it seems like a load of crap...

bluebird
03-28-2012, 10:50 AM
CHEESE2009 , wrote NOTE: There is also this 'eco-friendly' b.s I saw... SO, people are actually going to work with battery powered/electric equipment for peanuts? LOL.
I read anything I can get my hands on . Trying to learn . Look at this one.www.mowsmart.com/ electric powered mower , solar powered panels on the trailer to recharge equip. I called them/him . the mower is battery operated. the rest of equip is "batery and traditional"

CHEESE2009
03-28-2012, 11:29 AM
The website is fantastic, but...

I wouldn't be caught dead using one of these;

http://www.mowsmart.com/scripts/resize.php?src=../photos/2010-Mower.jpg&w=800

bluebird
03-28-2012, 01:08 PM
I estimated their cost on my personal residential property. would come out to 70 dollar range. And not sure of trim, cleanup.

bluebird
03-28-2012, 01:17 PM
CHEESE thank you for the photo which I had difficulty copy paste. But I have been coming across this type of stuff. And to be honest it scares me because I feel like theyre going to take the business that I am after. Keith

CHEESE2009
03-28-2012, 03:40 PM
CHEESE thank you for the photo which I had difficulty copy paste. But I have been coming across this type of stuff. And to be honest it scares me because I feel like theyre going to take the business that I am after. Keith

Well, I wouldn't consider this guy cheap. His pricing is the only thing keeping him in business. He's charging the same as the companies who are using gasoline, and you'd think he'd be charging less!

My clients would have me by the balls by wanting a lower price if I were to run an environment friendly (low overhead) company.

I'm sure his price isn't lower because he has to work longer days, and replace his crappy equipment more often. Regardless, I find that to be a major loss for him. He might not spend anything on gas, but I'm sure he loses valuable time walking through Toys R Us every weekend for mower parts.

I couldn't see him expanding very large right away, it's a tall ladder he has to climb. In the end, gasoline is more efficient for running a company.

-

BASICALLY, he's charging his customers for him to NOT use gas, and for him to waste time. It's kind of hilarious.

bluebird
03-28-2012, 04:05 PM
That equipment has got to be replased pretty quick . I think.