PDA

View Full Version : scored an edger for $30

mcgreen1
03-25-2012, 08:38 AM
Got a craftsman edger for $30 at an auction. Was owned by an old man who took really good care of his stuff. Runs and works great. Then I thought to myself, how much am I going to charge for this service? I am thinking .50 cents per linear foot. What do you guys think?

SECTLANDSCAPING
03-25-2012, 09:36 AM
.50 a sq ft is fair. I seen prices from .35-.75. With a small unit it might take a bit longer so I wouldnt go down much in pricing.

Auctions can be good or bad depending on how well you know your prices. I just scored a few deals but lost on pieces I was really interested in. For me what works is getting equipment that looks beat but is quality made. People wont pay top dollar for something that looks like it wont run.

Heres my finds from the other day.

I got a bluebird edger for $215.
A Redmax ebz8000 for $145.
A Stihl FS-55R and a Redmax G20LS for $80 with no heads.

I lost on a bobcat brushcutter, kubota ztr, a few stihl chainsaws.

dpld
03-25-2012, 11:10 AM
.50 a sq ft is fair. I seen prices from .35-.75. With a small unit it might take a bit longer so I wouldnt go down much in pricing.

Auctions can be good or bad depending on how well you know your prices. I just scored a few deals but lost on pieces I was really interested in. For me what works is getting equipment that looks beat but is quality made. People wont pay top dollar for something that looks like it wont run.

Heres my finds from the other day.

I got a bluebird edger for $215.
A Redmax ebz8000 for $145.
A Stihl FS-55R and a Redmax G20LS for $80 with no heads.

I lost on a bobcat brushcutter, kubota ztr, a few stihl chainsaws.

watch out on that EBZ 8000 they are notorious for the main bearings failing prematurely due to the larger blower fan.

they do have a little more power but the EBZ 7000 is a better longer lasting machine.

Ducke
03-25-2012, 07:57 PM
I charge $1.00 a foot.
It easy to quote and figure out the tax. :D