PDA

View Full Version : Redmax/Stihl Trimmer Heads

SECTLANDSCAPING
03-24-2012, 09:40 PM
I bought a couple of old trimmers that need new heads. I cant find OEM should I get a universal?

Most the universals I seen are for the cheap brands so I'm not sure if theyll fit. Anyone have a specific head they like? I bought a Fast Loader Trimmer Head before and didnt like messing with pre cut line.

Also do you know of a blade that will fit these?

The models.
G20LS Redmax
FS 55R Stihl

SECTLANDSCAPING
03-24-2012, 10:37 PM
well I found some info out. For some odd reason the manual for this model is under TR2300S and it uses a PT104 Plus bump head. Its close to $40 though normally I wouldnt care but thats what I paid for this bad boy.

wandfsmall
03-25-2012, 11:09 AM
well I found some info out. For some odd reason the manual for this model is under TR2300S and it uses a PT104 Plus bump head. Its close to $40 though normally I wouldnt care but thats what I paid for this bad boy.

Most of the good commercial heads run about that, but the redmax head is one of the best at holding up to commercial use I have seen, the only thing I ever replace on them though is the bump part. We sell the heads for 33.99 here locally I have never put them online.

I hope you like the trimmer the TR2360(has some safety changes from yours) is my best selling trimmer and the one I personally use.

SECTLANDSCAPING
03-25-2012, 11:28 AM
Most of the good commercial heads run about that, but the redmax head is one of the best at holding up to commercial use I have seen, the only thing I ever replace on them though is the bump part. We sell the heads for 33.99 here locally I have never put them online.

I hope you like the trimmer the TR2360(has some safety changes from yours) is my best selling trimmer and the one I personally use.

Well its feather light so it will be perfect for daily use. I bought the pair for $80 so I already do love it. ;) So you recommend getting the oem head? It looks like it pops in the bottom but I cant tell if theres something thats missing?

The blade kit for the redmax is expensive, I think ill just get the saw blade for the stihl it has a little more power.

wandfsmall
03-25-2012, 11:52 AM
Well its feather light so it will be perfect for daily use. I bought the pair for $80 so I already do love it. ;) So you recommend getting the oem head? It looks like it pops in the bottom but I cant tell if theres something thats missing?

The blade kit for the redmax is expensive, I think ill just get the saw blade for the stihl it has a little more power.

They should be about the same in power as both are rated the same on horsepower, you loose a little power on the 4mix setup. The blade kit on the redmax includes a handle change for safety so yeah they are a little high and yes I would recommend the oem head, they hold up much better then the aftermarket ones for the redmax.