grass catch?
how does it run
all gears good

does not sound like a great deal but time of year and all

wandfsmall
03-24-2012, 09:49 PM
Do you think this is worth $450.00

http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLargeImage?AdId=364817370

I would say NO but prices change from area to area. here locally you can get a good used walk for $500 that one looks trashed.

JeffK26
03-24-2012, 09:53 PM
Possibly....... for the guy with the other half. :)

mark123
03-24-2012, 09:54 PM
I would say NO but prices change from area to area. here locally you can get a good used walk for $500 that one looks trashed. I'm in agreement. I'd say $200. I have some wheels from my old Toro that may fit in the front. :p

Hedgemaster
03-24-2012, 09:59 PM
Pansy. What'cha need front wheels for?
Just put some muscle into it and lean on the handles a bit.

"worth it" depends on how it runs and how much it will cost to replace everything that's missing.

SECTLANDSCAPING
03-24-2012, 10:01 PM
I would keep looking at that price. Its obvious that he took parts off for another mower. So why was this a parts machine? If you can find everything its missing. Price it out and see how much it would cost to fix it. Then youll know if its worth it.

Johnny_boy02
03-25-2012, 12:14 AM
Nothing that has been picked over for parts and left outside to rot is worth that.

dpld
03-25-2012, 11:22 AM
Do you think this is worth $450.00

http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLargeImage?AdId=364817370

for me i would buy it for the motor providing it does not smoke or knock.

i have a couple older walk behinds with the kawasaki motors that i use for area's too crappy for the riders and kawasaki no longer makes that motor and the only viable replacement motor is a kohler but the issue with the kohler is the oil filter is where the transmission is so some modifications are needed to make the switch to kohler and it is easier to just do the direct replacement if you can find a used motor.

to buy as a addition to your business it would probably cost too much to buy what you need to get it up and running to be worth buying for that purpose.

mark123
03-25-2012, 01:30 PM
for me i would buy it for the motor providing it does not smoke or knock. ...
I could agree with that but not at $450.

dpld
03-25-2012, 02:29 PM
I could agree with that but not at $450.

as i said "if" the motor was running properly and even if you could still buy the motor it would run you a grand.
also you can buy the rebuild kits still so having a rebuildable motor is a plus.

outside of that the transmission is the standard type you would find on most commercial gear driven machines and that has value as well.

plus i never said i would pay the full 450.00 asking price as well as outside of the motor and trans the rest of the machine would be scrap as far as i am concerned.

mark123
03-25-2012, 05:23 PM
Deep breaths, man. Deeeeeep breaths. Innnn. And outttt. Ahh. :)

12.5 is a bit underpowered for a 36" but if it would fit on my old Toro I'd put it on there as a field mower to take care of the rocky lawns and not care about busting up my good mower. The transmission is worth a few bucks. Maybe $75 if it's not worn and the input shaft is steady.

bruces
03-25-2012, 05:38 PM
assuming a good engine and trans ,its worth no more than $250.00 ,but much less if you dont have something to use the parts on .

Ducke
03-25-2012, 07:38 PM
front wheels?
grass catch?
how does it run
all gears good

does not sound like a great deal but time of year and all

I e-mailed the guy with almost those exact questions but have not heard back from him yet.

Ducke
03-25-2012, 07:43 PM
I would say NO but prices change from area to area. here locally you can get a good used walk for $500 that one looks trashed.

I'm not sure if I want it that bad or not.
but finding good or even bad used commercial mowers around these parts is like pulling hens teeth, What dose show up they want and seem to get $2000.00 to $4000.00 We have no stocking dealers here everything has to be ordered in from Ontario or Quebec.

Ducke
03-25-2012, 07:49 PM
Pansy. What'cha need front wheels for?
Just put some muscle into it and lean on the handles a bit.

"worth it" depends on how it runs and how much it will cost to replace everything that's missing.

I was thinking of tiring a rope to the front spindles and then around my neck to act as a cantilever to hold the front end up.
That or hooking the wife up to the front with a rope and she could walk in front and hold it up and remove debris as we go.

picframer
03-25-2012, 08:47 PM
I'm not sure if I want it that bad or not.
but finding good or even bad used commercial mowers around these parts is like pulling hens teeth, What dose show up they want and seem to get $2000.00 to $4000.00 We have no stocking dealers here everything has to be ordered in from Ontario or Quebec.

Ducke, there are numerous dealers in Halifax with commercial ZTR's although the majority would be new, guys run them into the ground then buy new. Deere in Halifax had a few as a large lawn care business out my way went under, they had at least 8 commercial ZTR's

mark123
03-25-2012, 09:48 PM
I was thinking of tiring a rope to the front spindles and then around my neck to act as a cantilever to hold the front end up.
That or hooking the wife up to the front with a rope and she could walk in front and hold it up and remove debris as we go.

Man, that's HARDCORE!!!!!!!!!