PDA

View Full Version : I'm interested - How many of you are optimized online?

abbot
03-24-2012, 10:38 AM
I'm just curious;

How many of you have websites for your local business?

Are you optimized? (listed on the first page of google)

Do you have a Facebook page?

Do you update your website frequently or just have one to look professional?

Do you generate leads from your website/facebook page?

What do you feel is the most important thing about a website is? (what are your prospects visiting your website for?)

Do you have pictures on your website?

Do include your website on all printed promotional products?

WHAT KIND OF ROI DOES YOUR WEBSITE PROVIDE?

This is a big question ^

I really am curious so be honest. I want you guys to think of your website in a different way for a minute. Think of your website as an "investment" ... because that's what it is right? an investment of time and money?

Now...What kind of ROI (return on investment) are you getting from your website? Think of how much you are paying to keep the site going. vs. how much you are generating from the website. Do you even know how much the website is generating? Do you trace online vs. offline leads?

I'm curious to hear some answers / opinions from a different group.

CHEESE2009
03-24-2012, 04:15 PM
I know nothing.

lol

I use my website to hold some information, so when a customer calls and I don't answer, the voicemail will tell them to check out our website.
...or it will begin a self destruct sequence for callers who call way too much.

mark123
03-24-2012, 04:34 PM
I'm getting more calls than I can handle from my web site. I'm going to have to expand the business just to keep up with calls.

Ducke
03-24-2012, 07:01 PM
How many of you have websites for your local business? YES

Are you optimized? (listed on the first page of google) YES

Do you have a Facebook page? YES

Do you update your website frequently or just have one to look professional? YES

Do you generate leads from your website/facebook page? YES

What do you feel is the most important thing about a website is? (what are your prospects visiting your website for?) Information, references, Photos of work

Do you have pictures on your website? YES

Do include your website on all printed promotional products? YES

WHAT KIND OF ROI DOES YOUR WEBSITE PROVIDE? YES

mark123
03-24-2012, 08:03 PM
... WHAT KIND OF ROI DOES YOUR WEBSITE PROVIDE? YES
:D LOL!

I can't really answer that question because I make it so that my hosting is paid for by the other accounts I handle and I did the layout and design myself. I have basically $0 in it.

CHEESE2009
03-24-2012, 09:07 PM
What Kind Of Roi Does Your Website Provide? YES

Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

abbot
03-24-2012, 11:10 PM
Very interesting. Those of you that are optimized, are you ranking #1-5 for "landscaping (city)" or "lawn care (city)"?

What steps did YOU take to get your website there?

What was the most difficult part when optimizing your website?

Leon
03-25-2012, 11:52 PM
I have a website,is it optimized I don't think so. ROI same the I don't know I pay $20 a month. I designed it myself and I update it also. How can I optimize my site for my area? Do you know how I can get a mobile app made for my site. (MITCH)

abbot
03-26-2012, 12:14 AM
How can I optimize my site for my area? Do you know how I can get a mobile app made for my site. (MITCH)

- I posted a thread about this; http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=15974

- We don't actually create mobile apps for our clients. With our web packs we have a plugin that we install that automatically converts the website to a mobile site when a mobile browser accesses the website.

Steve
03-26-2012, 12:03 PM
It seems on the forum, we have a large group of members that don't know much about this or don't feel it is as important as it is.

Then we have a few small group that are really into it and seem to also offer seo services along with lawn care.

I think the toughest part about this is finding if, in medium to smaller markets, seo can really effect a lawn care businesses bottom line and then selling the business owner on that.

mark123
03-26-2012, 06:24 PM
How many of you have websites for your local business? I'm do.

Are you optimized? (listed on the first page of google) I am.

Do you have a Facebook page? I do.

Do you update your website frequently or just have one to look professional? I update it from time to time.

Do you generate leads from your website/facebook page? I do.

What do you feel is the most important thing about a website is? (what are your prospects visiting your website for?) Relevant information in the content.

Do you have pictures on your website? I do.

Do include your website on all printed promotional products? Always.

WHAT KIND OF ROI DOES YOUR WEBSITE PROVIDE? Everything for the site was completed as a paying project for another customer. Hosting is paid for by other customers that share my server. Since ROI is return divided by cost and the cost is zero, the ROI would be infinite, I guess.

I divided by zero again! :o

JesseN
05-05-2012, 10:35 AM
I am in the top 3 results for my main city terms and get on average 20-30 calls a month and 75+ between march-may. 1,500 likes on facebook =P

http://www.grasscarebatonrouge.com and now working on http://www.grasscareplano.com

stevef1201
05-05-2012, 01:06 PM
I am number 4 on google, and here is the kicker-I got a call yesturday from a guy in Washington State, he looked on google for a lawn service here in florida, and saw mine listed. As I was the only one that said I served the town I live in, he checked out my website. He then hired me for a commercial site (it took some phone tag and going out to look at it) 750 per month for complete care package. It will take me about 4 hours once a week to mow trim edge, about 8 hours once a quater (two guys) to trim hedges, and about 50 bucks worth of fertilizer a quarter. God Bless Google

hawthornelawncare
05-05-2012, 05:37 PM
hi there id like to know who you guys are using for your optimization or if your doing it yourself and if you can share some pointers on doing it

abbot
05-06-2012, 10:03 AM
hi there id like to know who you guys are using for your optimization or if your doing it yourself and if you can share some pointers on doing it

You either learn to do it yourself or hire a company to do it. As far as costs....that all depends on who you hire to do it. If you live in a competitive area and are trying to get #1 spot on Google SERPS, it's going to cost you because it has tons of value.

Unless you are trying to rank for a very low competition keyword(s) in a low population area, I would suggest hiring someone to do your optimization work. Your time is better spent elsewhere.

FentonC
06-13-2012, 09:23 PM
I am new to the lawn care business, however I have 2 mentors that have their own lawn care business and have very nice websites and do SEO. They got a ton of jobs and contracts from their websites. It really is worth the investment even if you have to hire someone else to do it.

CHEESE2009
06-14-2012, 08:52 AM
If you go to a competitors website, and you have Google Chrome as your browser (or others, but I'm familiar with Chrome) you can use tools > View Source.

You can copy your competitors 'keywords' and also see how their html/css is designed.

I have a feeling that if your site itself has no relation to the keywords you use, it's not that effective. If you have a blog however, I think you will have a better chance, but imo there is only so much typing you want to bother with.

You might not understand what I mean because I'm insane:

I could write a blog, but I am picky to what I allow my clients to see without seeming as thought I am a small company that just says anything about their day, giving me the appearance of being less commercialized and cheaper than my competitors. I want my company to have nothing to do with my personal life, characteristics, or thoughts when it comes to text.

Some guys will write,
"Wow today was hot, we did a garden job and it took us all day, but we managed and got our work done! The client even ordered us pizza! Here is a beautiful *photo* of our work" - to me this just sounds too 'small time' by making it personal. Sure I suppose it has it's advantages, but clients may most likely assume that you are cheaper and I'd rather not bother with that lol.

I'd rather have,
"This was a garden project that we had accomplished recently *photo* if you would like for us to provide this service for you, please feel free to give us a call *phone number*"

Leaving the emotions and what not out of my posts just seems right.

any comments on that?

w0283767
06-14-2012, 10:39 AM
I like your reasoning. I would use as a tool to put up before and after pics and you could also periodically post some home gardening tips such as why it is beneficial to cut lawn more frequently or how aeration services can benefit lawn, etc.

w0283767
06-14-2012, 10:42 AM
I am going to have to try that again when I get home. I use chrome and I thought the developer tools his the keywords. Maybe I missed it, but that would be sweet because I am working on my site right now and am just learning how to work with those meta tags.

WeekendWarriorLawn
06-15-2012, 12:58 AM
people can do "SEO optimization" on their own without the help of 3rd party companies.

youtube can teach them how.

setup a private server, install an SEO app or few even, let it run non stop, day and night.

stop calling me. i'm NOT buying.

abbot
06-15-2012, 11:26 PM
people can do "SEO optimization" on their own without the help of 3rd party companies.

youtube can teach them how.

This is true.

setup a private server, install an SEO app or few even, let it run non stop, day and night.

I'm sorry, but this has to be the most far fetched theory I have ever heard. I'm not really sure what you mean by setting up a private server. And I surely don't know of any apps that "SEO" by themselves. If there is, send me the link so I can sell my company, purchase the resale rights and wake up tomorrow a billionaire.

I don't mean to flame here but this is why TRUE SEO experts like my company get dogged. Because of all the rumors about 'SEO'. I can tell you that having your website ranked by someone who knows how to do it will make you money. That's the blunt truth. I have turned mom and pop 'businesses' into 6 figure empires with Internet Marketing.

These 'SEO company's' are probably calling you because you are on their hit list, meaning you are not ranking like you should be.