PDA

View Full Version : How to improve the bikini lawn care business

Steve
07-24-2007, 08:19 PM
If you don't know, one of our friends and forum member Lee from Tiger Time Lawn Care has really found amazing media attention just recently.

In order to help him take this media attention and run with it, I am asking all of you to be creative and let's all brain storm some ideas Lee could do to push this to the next level.

Steve
07-24-2007, 08:19 PM
This is from The Big Lebowski

Quote[/b] ]I would definitely look into the franchise thing but also look into somehow trademark/copyright/patent it.

It might be a good idea to hire a PR (public relations) person.

You know Hooters started with one location, and have grown tremendously. They have their own airline, credit cards, magazines - and tons of other stuff. The product marketing is insane. I would imagine they make almost as much on the products as they do on food! They have corporate owned locations and franchised locations.

But I would absolutely not let this go without speaking to other people about what/where to go next. A PR/marketing advisor might be the ticket. I have read about companies outgrowing the limits of it's founders. They usually hire people that can handle the job and they either remain as largest shareholders with no real involvement or Executive CEO's that basically just oversee what others are doing or they sell the concept while it's hot (always keep a stake in it though) and walk away never needing to work again. The founder of Ebay is an example, he hired a CEO, it got to big for his skill level.

This could be something big, or it might just be a brief 15 minutes of fame. Either way I would take it as far as I could. I would keep the spotlight on me as long and as far as I could. That would be my advice. Here some quick thoughts, have Tiger Girl contests, have the Tiger Girls show up for events (these don't actually have to be real lawn care girls), make a Tiger Girl calendar each year, roll out a clothing line with t-shirts printed with sayings like "I'm a Tiger Girl" or smaller infant shirts saying "Tiger Girl in training" etc. The list is endless. But ultimately, like I said milk it as far you can. Maybe even books and DVD's lawn related or not.

Steve
07-24-2007, 08:33 PM
Great Ideas!

The thing that I have been thinking about is should it simply be bikinis and lawn care? Should some sort of uniform be made that can be trademarked? When you look at hooters, they have the orange and white colors. Playboy has the bunny ears. What should Tiger Time's theme be?

Should they go along with the tiger theme? Maybe orange and black? Maybe tiger stripes?

Could they still get a lot of attention if his staff wore a uniform that consisted of a shirt and shorts?

Steve
07-24-2007, 08:58 PM
Or what if you changed it to look like this?

Steve
07-24-2007, 09:04 PM
Or this.

Little's
07-24-2007, 09:28 PM
Or a tiger striped bikini. After all, its the bikini that is bringing all the attention.

Steve
07-24-2007, 10:03 PM
That is very true littles. I as just concerned if osha gets involved, can an employee legally wear a bikini while operating a mower. Maybe they can and maybe they can't I don't know.

Then you could go with a logo like this.

Steve
07-24-2007, 10:07 PM
He could get a trailer and do something like this.

Steve
07-24-2007, 10:23 PM
The back of the truck could look like this.

Steve
07-24-2007, 10:31 PM
Another truck idea

Steve
07-24-2007, 10:33 PM
Now add them all together and you get this.

Steve
07-24-2007, 10:38 PM
Also maybe part of the uniform is that the shirt can come off and you could have a bikini top. Maybe the bikini top can be worn underneath at times depending on the weather? Maybe a bikini bottom can be worn underneath the shorts too?

Little's
07-24-2007, 11:18 PM
I see your point about osha. But how much more protection can a short shirt give you than a bikini top. I am curious to find out osha's take on that.

Steve
07-25-2007, 12:49 AM
Quote[/b] ]I see your point about osha. But how much more protection can a short shirt give you than a bikini top.
Maybe there could be a different fee. Say one if you want the bikini lawn service and another less expensive if you want the Tiger Time girls in their shirt and short outfit?

Here is a flyer idea you could use. Maybe have the girls all dressed up in the outfit and have them hand them out in the area. I don't know how much advertising you will need to do now considering you have basically been across the planet http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif But in case you need some more ideas, here you go.

Download the pdf file here (http://www.gophergraphics.com/images/tiger-lush-lawn-flyer.pdf).

http://www.gophergraphics.com/images/tiger-flyer-template.gif

Steve
07-25-2007, 04:08 AM
How about Lee as a product pitchman? What if he were to endorse lawn care products? Can you think of other companies this could work with?

Let me know your thoughts.

TigerTime
07-25-2007, 03:17 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ July 25 2007,4:08)]How about Lee as a product pitchman? What if he were to endorse lawn care products? Can you think of other companies this could work with?

Let me know your thoughts.
we are talking and this maybe real. I think it will be a great situation for both. We are having a follow up TV News with WMC TV channel 5 tomorrow. While we are doing a bikini cut for AM 990 here in Memphis. Next week a production team is coming to Memphis to show us in a TV SHOW>>>
If this is our 15 minutes it feels like a month. LOL

Thanks everyone your great

Steve
07-26-2007, 10:15 AM
Quote[/b] ]Next week a production team is coming to Memphis to show us in a TV SHOW
Can you tell us more about what this is?

TigerTime
07-28-2007, 06:09 AM
I wish I could. They are coming into Memphis to add us in some kind of TV show. I am not sure as to what it is. They are supposed to call Monday to give me more details. I thinnk it is great that they are considering us.

Whe I get all the details I will let you all know.

Thank you for everything you do.

Steve
07-28-2007, 08:53 AM
I am looking forwards to updates!

Did everyone see that Lee's company made it onto Jay Leno?

tiedeman
07-31-2007, 10:43 PM
Quote[/b] (Little's @ July 25 2007,12:18)]I see your point about osha. But how much more protection can a short shirt give you than a bikini top. I am curious to find out osha's take on that.
that is my biggest concern right now. When I saw some of the video clips the girls were in sandels mowing. Definetly not a good idea. I would at least make it manditory that everybody wear shoes.

Other than that, good luck with everything Tiger Time!!!

Steve
08-01-2007, 04:29 AM
Yea I think Lee is taking care of that. Safety first.

rudeboy
08-01-2007, 07:26 AM
whats the link to the tiger time video on jay leno i haven't seen it yet i posted a new video in the general forum tho

Steve
08-02-2007, 06:15 AM
I can't find the link right now. If you find it, let me know.

Accuscapes Landscaping
08-08-2007, 06:34 PM
Honestley the first shot of the uniform was the best, it looks the correct colors and the others look like a service that I would not want in my lawn. Yeas the initial site would be great but I would start to think of the intelligence of the people takin care of my property. The top needs to be a bit longer, not so lone to cover the waist line but long enough not to look ****ty. When the girls bend over the garment will move and enough will be revealed to make onlookers happy.