PDA

View Full Version : customer sign new contract?

mcgreen1
03-22-2012, 12:39 PM
My first customer from last year just informed me of her intent to start service again this year. Should I have her sign a new contract for this year or just keep the one from last year?

lmschmidt
03-22-2012, 01:21 PM
I am in the same boat. Most people understand that certain prices go up in the economic climate. If things cost you more than there must be certain ways to pass that on to customers. Although I have gotten accounts because other companies are putting a fuel service charge percentage on the bill and people are seeing this as under handed. Most of my people like every thing laid out in front of them.

Steve
03-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Some members just continue with their lawn care contracts into the new year unless they are told the customer no longer wants service.

Check out this article on my blog and see if it is helpful

Self re-newing lawn care contracts a good idea (http://lawnchat.com/lawn-care-business/self-re-newing-lawn-care-contracts-a-good-idea.html)?

Fireman Gus
03-23-2012, 05:10 PM
All our "Service Agreement Forms" are auto renewable. The only reson we contact the client is if we need to make a price change. We note the form and the date we notified the client. Some of our forms are 25 years old. Many notes on those forms.

brian'slawncare
03-23-2012, 07:09 PM
auto-renewing contracts are better for you and the customer.

Better for You.

Just notify the client when you are goingt to start, no need to get an "ok"from them
Sometimes, if the client wants to cancel you, they could forget and just do a great job first time around and you're kept

Better for Them.

Makes it easier for them (don't have to spend time to renew every year)
They don't have to schedule you in the beginning of every year, you just show up.
You never have to ask them the question of "do you still want me to mow your lawn this year?" Which could lead him/her to question and really think about it
they never have to think about their service. Set them up for auto-payment and they don't have to do anything!

As you can see, I strongly encourage auto-renewing contracts...

CHEESE2009
03-23-2012, 09:18 PM
I disagree.

A company down here did that, nothing but complaints.

"He said I owed him money because I was still apparently in a contract with him, and I forgot all about it.".

These clients came right to me, and I've got about 10 of these types in particular. If you don't want a rumor to spread that you are a con artist, don't do this.

Remember people, clients are RETARDED.

Steve
03-26-2012, 10:25 AM
All our "Service Agreement Forms" are auto renewable.

What kind of wording should be used in the lawn care contract if a business owner wants to do this?

CHEESE2009
03-26-2012, 04:38 PM
What kind of wording should be used in the lawn care contract if a business owner wants to do this?

Anything in bold I'd say, LOL!

I'd give them the option to check a box whether or not they would want it to auto-renew.

brian'slawncare
03-27-2012, 11:26 AM
I'd give them the option to check a box whether or not they would want it to auto-renew.

I agree....