PDA

View Full Version : You guys ever get the feeling.....

Cashin H&P
03-21-2012, 09:54 PM
That you just want all your customers to leave you the hell alone for a few days so you can get your head screwed back on. Its my first year in business and I am so stressed out now. I feel like I have a million things to do and no time to do it. But thats life just gotta keep on trucking I guess

willshome
03-21-2012, 10:27 PM
All the time

write to-do lists and set time to do everything needed

yourscape
03-22-2012, 08:21 AM
That you just want all your customers to leave you the hell alone for a few days so you can get your head screwed back on. Its my first year in business and I am so stressed out now. I feel like I have a million things to do and no time to do it. But thats life just gotta keep on trucking I guess

I hear you on that. I have been only scheduling my day half full and doing estimates in the afternoon. But it always seem something comes up and I can't even get my half days work done. I will be happy when I get to actually start mowing (next week) and the calls start slowing down. I love the work but the sales part is a little nerve racking:(

This is also my first year in business! GOOD LUCK to you!

CHEESE2009
03-22-2012, 12:26 PM
Finally, someone like me!

Customers can go to hell, god damn life leeches.

Next thing you know, they'll want you to tuck them in at night.
Suffocate them will a f'ing pillow is more like it.

Chaz
03-22-2012, 12:54 PM
lol I just schedule clients around convenient times for me, if i know i need to go near where they are i'll stop by there that way i can get the mulch or materials or lunch and stop by and meet them, or a lot of clients like to meet early, so ill go meet before i start work

CHEESE2009
03-22-2012, 02:32 PM
How nice would it be, if you could talk to your client like an a-hole?

Client: Just calling to see where you're at?

Me: If you keep calling, I'm going to shove my phone up your a$$!

I would be a happy person if I could get away with trash talking my clients.

Steve
03-22-2012, 02:49 PM
I love the work but the sales part is a little nerve racking

Is the biggest stressor, interacting with new potential customers when you are trying to get them to sign up or with your current customer base?

abbot
03-22-2012, 07:18 PM
I know what you mean...x10

I work with BUSINESS OWNERS ONLY and if you think regular 9-5 joe blow's are bad...I work with people who are perfectionists and everything has to be done their way and has to be done NOW.

Especially when we take over the marketing operations. I have 2 staff members that basically play middleman between my team and the business owner. I have a few current clients with fairly large accounts that call 10+ times/day. They have went to the extent to hunt me down in the phone book and show up at my doorstep :rolleyes:

I take every other weekend off. I turn my phone off and have my fun/relax. I then get calls to my home phone. Ahhhh, the fun of being a business owner.

Ducke
03-22-2012, 07:52 PM
I guess I'm lucky.
Having come from a very High Stress Job (S) I find everything about this job relaxing.
When I started 5 years ago working for someone else They were always telling me to slow down do one thing at a time.
As a supply chain Buyer for the Offshore Oil Business you had to do 20 things a once and do them now and get product to your customer yesterday.
I don't miss those days.
As everyone is saying start a to do list I use a big white board in my office.
Schedule everything your customers, your maintenance, your sales time, your office time, even your Bathroom Time. soon it will become just a part of your life.

brian'slawncare
03-22-2012, 08:10 PM
I then get calls to my home phone

Biggest mistake you could ever do- give out your home phone number

Ducke
03-22-2012, 08:45 PM
Do you ever get the feeling that when your mowing a lawn someone is watching you ??
Peeking though the drape or the blinds????
but when you look there's no one there or is there and you missed them??
How about that van over there across the road its been there for the last couple hours maybe someone is in it following you recording your every move.
hey that little girl on the porch next door is she really a little girl or a midget in disguise sent to watch you.
Trust no one their out there oh ya their out there watching ......:cool:

stevef1201
03-22-2012, 08:52 PM
I certianly HOPE that someone is watching and that will become customers

Hedgemaster
03-22-2012, 08:56 PM
^^^ I wish more people watched me to see how much work I do for them.

The guys in the black van don't bother me. I'm used to being monitored from my life on an unrelated forum.
:cool:

HedgeI'monalistmaster

Ducke
03-22-2012, 09:07 PM
^^^ I wish more people watched me to see how much work I do for them.

The guys in the black van don't bother me. I'm used to being monitored from my life on an unrelated forum.
:cool:

HedgeI'monalistmaster

Hey I was on an unrelated forum once, but then I got off.
That is all.

WHY ARE YOU STILL READING???

Go away leave me alone.

OK now your just being strange.

Go away...............

Cashin H&P
03-23-2012, 07:02 PM
Well I got every thing sorted out. I have work lined up for the next week or so. My phone keeps ringing but I have decided to add another phone line to my plan so I can have a personal phone now haha. I really like being an LOC its awesome I have a brush removal job first thing next week then a few more clean ups lined up Im sure people will keep calling though......who knew door to door and word of mouth would be as sucessful as this!

By the way you guys are wicked funny.

Liam

Steve
03-26-2012, 11:07 AM
Keep us posted on how adding that extra phone helps.