PDA

View Full Version : You Want Business Place Cards Here

j.a.lawnervces
03-19-2012, 09:35 PM
Hi guys just wanted to share a great place to pick up business.
TANNING SALONS. i placed a stack of cards there Friday march 16th and from the tanning place i have picked up 12 full season accounts.
If any one else has any good ideas let me know

anyeverythingservice
03-19-2012, 10:38 PM
How'd you get them yes to your idea. Did you meet them in person or over the phone. And are there any other good places to put your business cards.

j.a.lawnervces
03-19-2012, 10:47 PM
well i was in my uniform and was putting some cards in a chinesee place that is really good, then a lady saw me coming from the tanning salon and asked for a card, the light bulb went off!!!! so i walked in was polite and asked if i could leave a few business cards (not vista print ) left about 30 there. Ialso told them that if any workers needed service that they would get it for half off.
(tanning salons are great its mostly the women who finds a lawn guy least where im from and what women do not like to tan before they go home to search the internet for a lawncare guy...

anyeverythingservice
03-19-2012, 10:54 PM
who do you use for business cards and why not vista print

SECTLANDSCAPING
03-19-2012, 11:03 PM
8/10 calls I get are from women. I even had a few men call me and then I deal with the wife every time in person.

I see it like the man is supposed to be doing it already but is slacking and is less likely to ask for help. When the women brings it up to just hire someone its either a win win or challenging their masculinity.

Hedgemaster
03-19-2012, 11:45 PM
who do you use for business cards and why not vista print

I use overnightprints.com.
I don't like Vistaprint cards because the quality isn't quite as good and the cards are not the right size - they are cut slightly smaller than a standard 3.5"x2" business card. Many people may not notice, but I did right away.

The tanning salon really is a good idea. A hair salon would likely yield similar results.

j.a.lawnervces
03-20-2012, 12:46 AM
vista print only has so many designs and just pore quality, you may pay a little more but i bet it will stick out and not be a flimsy peace of paper, just my opinion

Steve
03-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Is it worthwhile to make some kind of sun tan theme or message on your cards that you distribute there?

Like for instance, should you have cards that say 'wouldn't you rather be tanning than mowing?' Call us at 555-9243

Would that help or no?

CHEESE2009
03-20-2012, 09:05 PM
Is it worthwhile to make some kind of sun tan theme or message on your cards that you distribute there?

Like for instance, should you have cards that say 'wouldn't you rather be tanning than mowing?' Call us at 555-9243

Would that help or no?

Wow, I think you're on to something!

At the cost of business cards (cheap), it would be possible to put themes on them depending on where we place them!

It sounds great, because the owner of the 'place' will consider it some form of advertising as well, or at least something he/she can promote to the the clients in order to keep them tanning, LOL.

A Chinese buffet can have a card that looks like a fortune cookie;
"You are going to save x% on lawn maintenance this year".

Steve
03-21-2012, 02:11 PM
A Chinese buffet can have a card that looks like a fortune cookie;
"You are going to save x% on lawn maintenance this year".

That is brilliant!

Chaz
03-21-2012, 10:44 PM
i am taking your advice and running with it, told my girlfriend to take them to her salon. most of my clients are women as well so it makes perfect sense

j.a.lawnervces
03-22-2012, 07:26 AM
Well let me know how things turn out for you guys