PDA

View Full Version : Good News****bad News

Fireman Gus
03-19-2012, 07:36 PM
The good news: looks like a banner year. We are getting calls everyday about work. Rain today and looks like the rest of the week could be the same. So we are getting plenty of moisture unlike last year.

The bad news: Rain today so went around and looked at our yards. EVERYONE of them needs mowing. We are already behind and we haven't even started the year yet. About a month early for Bermuda.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused:

Cashin H&P
03-19-2012, 07:40 PM
Im in the same boat with all the calls. I wish the grass was growing here in New Hampshire im sick of looking at my mower just sitting here haha

JeffK26
03-19-2012, 09:43 PM
It's my first year on my own but I've been getting calls like crazy. Me and the wife are celebrating tonight.

I posted a few hours ago, and since then I have gotten 5 calls for bids....a lot of my calls are coming at night....

I don't know if it makes a difference, but the one thing I notice i'm doing different, at least in my area....I have hours to call on my CL and fliers. 7am until 9pm. I may not get off my *** at 8 pm to do a bid, but I'll take a call to make an appointment until 9pm. I have had a few people comment on that.

I'm assuming people may think I (we) have "office hours". I know I hate calling people later in the evening, I'm thinking an ad that says it's ok let's people know it's welcome.

First day of mowing is tomorrow, and i'm going to feel it, but i'm gonna have a couple/few more beers.

Steve
03-20-2012, 12:54 PM
but the one thing I notice i'm doing different, at least in my area....I have hours to call on my CL and fliers. 7am until 9pm. I may not get off my *** at 8 pm to do a bid, but I'll take a call to make an appointment until 9pm

That might be all the competitive edge you needed. If people see such hours, they know they can call you after work and get someone to answer.