PDA

View Full Version : How young is too young?

Steve
08-06-2007, 09:29 AM
How young is too young when it comes to starting a lawn care business?

The cutting clan (http://www.minotdailynews.com/News/articles.asp?articleID=13313) - The boys started their business a few years ago, starting small by mowing the lawns of the honorary grandmothers who live on either side of their home in Stanley. The business has grown by word of mouth. Now they tend the lawns of customers in their neighborhood, two across town, and one in the country.

The boys, who have been joined in the business by their 10-year-old sister Bobbi, have three push mowers. Their parents drive them to the appointments that they can’t reach by walking. Their dad, Jim, occasionally helps out by trimming the hedges, a task they’re still too young to do. Calli, 5, one of their two younger siblings, enjoys helping out by raking some of the yards.

Little's
08-06-2007, 11:27 AM
Thats neat. I was taking care of some peoples yards when I was that age. I was usually volunteered by my father to do it, but learned a lot. I hope these kids are taught how to keep track of their money (if they get to keep any of it).