PDA

View Full Version : My mower wont start

Cashin H&P
03-18-2012, 11:48 PM
I have a gravely belt driven mower. Its not electric start or anything. I just replaced the transmission last weekend and it started fine and I drove it around the barn. I went to start it today to move it to the other side of the barn and it wont start now. I checked the air filter which was clogged so I cleaned that. The spark plugs are pretty bad but it had started a week ago. I have no Idea what to try now any Ideas?

Liam

Hedgemaster
03-19-2012, 12:47 AM
Have you tried hitting it?

;)

When you say it "won't start", what does that mean exactly?

52BeltDrive
03-19-2012, 12:58 AM
The spark plugs are pretty bad but it had started a week ago.
Liam

New plugs! Cheap, easy and if it's not the fix at least you have new ones.

All my bad plugs fired a week earlier.

dpld
03-19-2012, 07:00 AM
check the carbeurator it may need a cleaning, after starting it last week you probably sucked some crap through it.

if you got spark it probably is a fuel issue.

Cashin H&P
03-19-2012, 07:24 AM
Have you tried hitting it?

;)

When you say it "won't start", what does that mean exactly?

Yes I have as well as flapping my arms and calling it names while my neighbors laughed at me. haha

on a serious note, it pulls over and sounds like it wants to fire but it wont. After sitting down and thinking logolicy about it I think its either the carb or the plugs. Im going to get new plugs and try it and see what happens like 52beltdrive said at least I will have new plugs

wandfsmall
03-19-2012, 07:32 AM
Yes I have as well as flapping my arms and calling it names while my neighbors laughed at me. haha

on a serious note, it pulls over and sounds like it wants to fire but it wont. After sitting down and thinking logolicy about it I think its either the carb or the plugs. Im going to get new plugs and try it and see what happens like 52beltdrive said at least I will have new plugs

if it ran fine then just stopped running I would say plugs. Also with a bad air cleaner you likely fouled the plugs out.

Cashin H&P
03-19-2012, 12:05 PM
Well I got it fixed today. I changed the plugs the air filter and I even tired starter fluid. None of that worked so I called the local shop and he told me to take the sensor off the transmission and try to start it, well I did that and no luck again. After that he told me to bring it down which I did and it turns out that the shif lever on the tranny was out of alignment which made the sensor think the mower was in gear. after fideling with the alignment we finaly got it fixed. The onwer of the shop didnt even charge me because I prdered tires for the mower while I was there. That was such a releaf.

Liam

SECTLANDSCAPING
03-19-2012, 12:25 PM
thats a nice shop.

Cashin H&P
03-19-2012, 02:09 PM
thats a nice shop.

Hahah yeah I have spent ALOT of money there in the last few months. He really likes to take care of the landscape contractors that go there because he knows that we all have equiptment that goes down from time to time.

If any one is in the southern NH/Manchester NH area I would highly recomend him.

Its called Mowtown in Hookset NH