PDA

View Full Version : owners manual needed

neighbors75
03-18-2012, 07:28 PM
hello everyone,

My name is Keith, I would like to ask this question.

I would like to know if any of the forum members has an owners manual for a
Sears craftsman Diehard LT4000 mower, Model # 917.255450, with a Kohler command 14hp 42 inch cut. I searched the internet over, everywhere. SHould one of you have one I need a copy of the Brakeing system, with picture and parts breakdown. I just got this from a friend and I thought this would be an easy fix, Mower runs great, clutch releases but it wont stop rollin down the hill. dangerous. Help...!:confused:

wandfsmall
03-18-2012, 08:08 PM
hello everyone,

My name is Keith, I would like to ask this question.

I would like to know if any of the forum members has an owners manual for a
Sears craftsman Diehard LT4000 mower, Model # 917.255450, with a Kohler command 14hp 42 inch cut. I searched the internet over, everywhere. SHould one of you have one I need a copy of the Brakeing system, with picture and parts breakdown. I just got this from a friend and I thought this would be an easy fix, Mower runs great, clutch releases but it wont stop rollin down the hill. dangerous. Help...!:confused:

you will not find much of a breakdown for the transaxle in a sears mower. here is the best you can find. Let me know if you need any parts I can save you money over sears.

mark123
03-18-2012, 08:12 PM
The first result on google search: http://www.managemylife.com/mmh/lis_pdf/OWNM/L0807096.pdf

Page 21:
TO ADJUST BRAKE (See Fig. 25)
Your unit is equipped with an adjustable brake system
which is mounted on the right side of the transaxle,
If unit requires more than six (6) feet stopping distance at
high speed in highest gear, then brake must be adjusted,
Depress clutch/brake pedal and engage parking brake,
Measure distance between brake operating arm and
nut "A" on brake rod,
= If distance is other than 1-1/2", disengage parking
brake, loosen jam nut and turn nut "A" until distance
becomes 1-1/2". Retighten jam nut against nut "A"_
Engage parking brake and recheck distance
. Road test unit for proper stopping distance as stated
above, Readjust if necessary. If stopping distance is
still greater than six (6) feet in highest gear. further
maintenance is necessary, Contact your nearest authorized
service center.

neighbors75
03-18-2012, 09:04 PM
you will not find much of a breakdown for the transaxle in a sears mower. here is the best you can find. Let me know if you need any parts I can save you money over sears.

I dont believe the brake parts/assembly is even on this mower. Seems to be missing stuff off clutch pedal rod at the transaxle, this is why I needed a picture of what I need, Thanks by the way for the breakdown pic.:)

Shoot me a price for parts to fix this, if possible.

neighbors75
03-18-2012, 09:05 PM
The first result on google search: http://www.managemylife.com/mmh/lis_pdf/OWNM/L0807096.pdf

Page 21:

I really appreciate the link.:D

wandfsmall
03-19-2012, 07:52 AM
I dont believe the brake parts/assembly is even on this mower. Seems to be missing stuff off clutch pedal rod at the transaxle, this is why I needed a picture of what I need, Thanks by the way for the breakdown pic.:)

Shoot me a price for parts to fix this, if possible.

Part Number 22 is a Break Rod 130804 $13.06
Part Number 24 is a Break Spring 106888X $2.35
Part Number 23 and 24 are nuts not sure what size from memory but they want $3.29 each and I normally just put them out of the nut drawers when in the shop for about $.25 each

as for shipping not much usps but I would have to have an address to ship it to to estimate it. Also to be fair these are not high markup parts and most dealerships would have to order them so you can likely get them locally at a dealership for the same prices listed above. All of them are cheaper then the sears website.