PDA

View Full Version : Taking the plunge in Georgia

apalacheeriverfarms
03-18-2012, 09:55 AM
Hi everyone! I've been in the remodeling business my whole career and have finally gotten tired of not having a consistent, repeat workflow. I've always been interested in lawn care and people always have to cut grass... Not so with remodeling ther bathroom! my plan is to hire a helper and it just be a two man business. I new to purchase equipment and can't find any good, unbiased reviews. I need all the help I can get!

bruces
03-18-2012, 10:32 AM
the equipment you buy,will depend on the work you get .

apalacheeriverfarms
03-18-2012, 11:22 AM
My plan/goal is to buy a 60" zero turn. A friend has a commercial John Deere he paid about $9k for and absolutely loves it. Not sure I want to put that much into it initially, but I want a solid, reliable mower that not constantly repairing. I need to buy a commercial grade trimmer and probably a push mower for areas I can't get in with the zt. I own a farm with cattle so I'm most likely gonna liquidate some cattle to finance the equipment.

wandfsmall
03-18-2012, 06:07 PM
My plan/goal is to buy a 60" zero turn. A friend has a commercial John Deere he paid about $9k for and absolutely loves it. Not sure I want to put that much into it initially, but I want a solid, reliable mower that not constantly repairing. I need to buy a commercial grade trimmer and probably a push mower for areas I can't get in with the zt. I own a farm with cattle so I'm most likely gonna liquidate some cattle to finance the equipment.

First off you will never find an unbiased review when it comes to equipment as the dealership sets up the mowers when they come in the door so quality of the setup can vary from dealership to dealership. As for price for a GOOD commercial grade ZTR your looking at least 8K but am entry level unit with integrated drive would start around 6k a little less for a walk unit. I would go look at a few dealerships and see what you find. I also find for the most part John Deere is a little expensive for what you get so it would likely save you money to look around.

Steve
03-19-2012, 02:00 PM
My plan/goal is to buy a 60" zero turn.

Are you going to be mowing residential properties? Will that fit in the yards and through the gates of your customers?