PDA

View Full Version : Oregon brand oil filter for my Kawasaki engine?

mark123
03-15-2012, 04:38 PM
My buddy works at TSC so I ordered some stuff. I thought the oil filter was going to be an official Kawasaki brand like I've been using since I got my mower but an Oregon brand came in.

I'm familiar with their saw chains and mower blades but never used their oil filters. Any issues I should be aware of? I imagine it should be fine to use as they are reputable. I still have 4 months on the 2 year engine warranty and I don't want to void it.

What's your opinion?

wandfsmall
03-15-2012, 10:10 PM
My buddy works at TSC so I ordered some stuff. I thought the oil filter was going to be an official Kawasaki brand like I've been using since I got my mower but an Oregon brand came in.

I'm familiar with their saw chains and mower blades but never used their oil filters. Any issues I should be aware of? I imagine it should be fine to use as they are reputable. I still have 4 months on the 2 year engine warranty and I don't want to void it.

What's your opinion?

The oregon filter was designed for a lawnmower and will work fine. I would not be saying this about a lot of aftermarket filters though.