PDA

View Full Version : Good Evening

PITT
03-14-2012, 08:56 PM
Hello everyone,
Stumbled on to this site and I am glad that I did. Spend more time here than watching Sportscenter after dark.
Lots of good information from some guys that know thier stuff.

Question for you all.
Had any trouble being a small company ( 1 guy) from larger companies ? Sabotaging equipment, yards etc...
Thanks for the topics throughout the forum, good stuff.

Gus

Hedgemaster
03-14-2012, 09:12 PM
Welcome.

I'm a one man show. I don't worry about larger companies. I don't see them as competition and I doubt they look at me that way either.

I'm more concerned with the sleazeballs that operate illegally and don't play well with others. I've not experienced any problems yet though.

PITT
03-15-2012, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the response. I am also a one man show that just got into the business. Wondered about different companies and their view on us. None of the guys on my Battalion ( FF's with their own lawn business) seem to have trouble and they are mostly one man crews as well.
Again, Thanks for the response and look forward to other posts from you and other veteran pro's.
Have a good season.

Steve
03-15-2012, 02:18 PM
Welcome to our forum!

Was there a back story to what made you think of that question?

PITT
03-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Steve,
No back story to that question. Lot of posts on here about how cuthroat it is in this business. Wondered if anyone had experiences other than price undercutting.
Learning a lot from the site, I would like to know half of what some of these owners have forgotten !
Guess the only way to learn it to get out there and do it, which will begin shortly.
Have a good day, back to reading other posts !

Steve
03-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Something to keep in mind. Members have stories about equipment being stolen all the time when on job sites and when parked at home so keep everything that is not under your immediate supervision, locked up.