PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a little guidance.

Bizier
03-14-2012, 09:16 PM
Hello everyone here on Gopherhaul. I'm a landscape company who also does snow & ice maintenance in the winter, my business is in Ontario, Canada and I want to start handing out yearly term bids and am not quite sure how to do it. I know it lays out just like a summer bid would (or so I assume), however the summer bids I handed out this year, im not sure if im over or under pricing my bids. This is my first season on handing bids out for properties and the only "bid" I have ever seen in relation was on this site thanks to Steve. If anyone could offer me some insight in regards to this, that would greatly be apperciated.

Thanks,
Bizier

Steve
03-15-2012, 03:06 PM
Are you talking about residential or commercial customers?

im not sure if im over or under pricing my bids.

What % of the lawn care bids you submitted did you win?

Bizier
03-16-2012, 08:26 AM
I didn't win any bids this season. That said I only dropped out 8-10 bids, and my bids were put to both cluster residentials and commercial properties. For single family dewellings I have not been biding them, I've just been letting the customers contact me. Thanks for replying to my threadt Steve.

Steve
03-16-2012, 02:42 PM
When you submitted the bids, did you follow up and find out what they thought of your bid or if they had any further questions?

They might tell you why they didn't go with you and that could help you with future bids

CHEESE2009
03-16-2012, 09:02 PM
If you are looking for an average price that other companies are charging, you could try viewing their websites... or wait until you receive a flier of theirs in the mailbox.

Good luck!

bruces
03-16-2012, 10:07 PM
what area are you in?

Bizier
03-17-2012, 08:12 AM
Ya I follwed up yesterday with a couple of the bids I dropped out. The bids were to high in price and thats why they didnt go for me, however I have a fixed link now. As for flies and such, noone advertises prices or post them on thier websites for cluster residential (apt buildings/Condominium complexes) or commercial properties.

The area im in is ontario, canada, more spicificly london. I currently have door hangers being made to drop out for residential homes to acquire spring clean ups and summer ground maintenance, I have an add in the paper and I re-post my add everyday on a free to post site called Kijiji.

Steve
03-19-2012, 01:18 PM
How do you feel this information has helped you and what will you do differently now that you know these things?