PDA

View Full Version : First Customer! Looking for More! Any advice?

Wabash Valley Lawn
03-14-2012, 07:51 PM
Hey guys,

Ive aquired my first customer ever and im ready to start the season!

Any advice on grabbing more customers this year? Ive got one and my goal is 50 accounts for 2012 and 100 accounts for 2013!

Any experienced guys out there have a good way of attracting new customers? Sales calls, email marketing, door to door, or something different?

Thanks!
Wabash Valley Lawns & Landscapes

Cashin H&P
03-14-2012, 07:56 PM
Hey guys,

Ive aquired my first customer ever and im ready to start the season!

Any advice on grabbing more customers this year? Ive got one and my goal is 50 accounts for 2012 and 100 accounts for 2013!

Any experienced guys out there have a good way of attracting new customers? Sales calls, email marketing, door to door, or something different?

Thanks!
Wabash Valley Lawns & Landscapes

Door to door and word of mouth are my best marketing methods I have gotten evey account that way. Just provide a good quality service and your customers will come. Thats a big goal for your firts season. my goal is only 25 haha

jonathan thomas
03-14-2012, 09:33 PM
I wish you the very best of luck with your goal. But word of mouth is better than any advertising you can do.this is my second year in business and have 46 year round accounts. You don't want to take on more than you can handle because the quality will slack off and then customer will start talking.

Wabash Valley Lawn
03-15-2012, 02:36 PM
Hey guys thanks for the advice ill make sure to set my attention on those marketing ideas. Thanks again!

Steve
03-16-2012, 02:36 PM
Market to the neighbors of your customers and then ask your current customers for referrals.

Here is a collection of articles on my blog on How to get lawn care customers (http://lawnchat.com/category/lawn-care-customers/residential-customers).

earthworks knoxville
04-18-2012, 09:03 PM
HI i just started my business this year,I have been blessed it seems i already have two employees working full time.I started off with NO customers.after 1000 dollars thrown away on flyers and advertising i found all my customers by posting an add on craigslist.I do this daily and some days get 7 and 8 calls per day.its free try it;)

Apex Lawn & Landscape
04-18-2012, 09:13 PM
Congrats buddy! That's a huge goal for your first and second yr..and with that said, my advice to you is to not spread yourself too thin. Don't take on jobs if you can't make time for them..youlle ruin your reputation and find yourself stressing about it. Focus on your first 5-10 customers . Do the absolute best job you can and those customers will spread the word. Good luck this season