PDA

View Full Version : Gas turned milky

Martywdx
03-14-2012, 04:24 PM
I drained the gas out of my snow blower today. All was fine. It came out clear,like gas should look. I put the container of gas off to the side and fired the blower up to burn off the gas in the carb and what was left in the tank. The blower ran fine. I looked over at the gas and it was milky white. Never seen that before. The container was clean, I use it for draining my tanks.

Any thoughts?

deschampsbrothers
03-14-2012, 05:29 PM
I drained the gas out of my snow blower today. All was fine. It came out clear,like gas should look. I put the container of gas off to the side and fired the blower up to burn off the gas in the carb and what was left in the tank. The blower ran fine. I looked over at the gas and it was milky white. Never seen that before. The container was clean, I use it for draining my tanks.

Any thoughts?

did you use any types of carb cleaners on the blower? did the two mix and cause a reaction and cause this white substance to build up at the bottom of the tank. another thing i am against is using exxon mobile gas, i avoid them at all cost, i know 3 other people that had the same mower as me and they all used their gas whilr i used sunoco and hess and they had many more problems than me over the time.

CHEESE2009
03-14-2012, 05:58 PM
Maybe it's condensation of some sort.

I do believe that gas eats away at plastic over time.

Did you by any chance use your gas can to hold your beer? Could be head.

http://inzanebrew.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/snf19h01c_280_758031a.jpg

bruces
03-14-2012, 06:19 PM
marty got head from his snowblower ? thats messed up .

wandfsmall
03-14-2012, 10:31 PM

Any thoughts?

I would do a check for ethanol sounds like the content might be high, it will separate and could look like cobwebs or maybe even look white. Other then that I have no ideas other then dissolving your container.