PDA

View Full Version : linking or daisy chaining links?

Steve
03-09-2012, 01:50 PM
What is the difference between creating backlinks where there is a single backlink versus having them daisy chained with one linking to another then to another and then to the final site?

Is one way better than another?

abbot
03-09-2012, 10:00 PM
What is the difference between creating backlinks where there is a single backlink versus having them daisy chained with one linking to another then to another and then to the final site?

Is one way better than another?

This is hard to explain in a paragraph. In fact, it's hard to explain in an entire article.

Short answer is because it's all about getting quality, related links. By building some force behind a link, it gives a greater value then if you just linked it to your site.

Instead of me talking in circles trying to explain it. What you are thinking of is called a "linkwheel" or "link pyramid".

Now...this site is trying to sell you stuff but it does do a good job at showing what a linkwheel is.

http://www.seo-back-links.com/link_wheel.htm

Your getting deeper into the SEO world so it could be a bit confusing at first. This is usually were most people get lost on me. :D

Steve
03-12-2012, 01:24 PM
LOL now that is a link wheel! HAHAHHAHA. It looks to do that, you are gonna need some planning or you will quickly end up going around in circles.

I do wonder though how many link wheel level are ideal.

abbot
03-12-2012, 11:12 PM
LOL now that is a link wheel! HAHAHHAHA. It looks to do that, you are gonna need some planning or you will quickly end up going around in circles.

I do wonder though how many link wheel level are ideal.

5-6 web 2.0 sites with high PR are ideal. More then that...is beating a dead horse.

Over my years I have done some crazy expiraments on some of my websites using different linkwheel methods. I wish I would have taken a picture of my blackboard in my office on the one campaign. It was a linkwheel that consisted of over 1500 links in total. It was insane. Very powerful though. It took time but I beat out competition with a keyword that had over 5 million competing pages :D

I would venture to say I pissed a few business owners off. Seeing as their source of income was the business that I pushed off the front page of google. And I was just running an experiment!

Steve
03-13-2012, 02:20 PM
5-6 web 2.0 sites with high PR are ideal.

What would you say are web 2.0 sites? Is there something that makes them that over other sites? And are there directories of them?

abbot
03-13-2012, 11:10 PM
What would you say are web 2.0 sites? Is there something that makes them that over other sites? And are there directories of them?

http://web2magazine.blogspot.com/2007/01/thanks-for-web-2.html

Steve
03-14-2012, 01:55 PM
Very fascinating!