PDA

View Full Version : Inspection Sheet

TiedemanLLC
03-08-2012, 12:03 AM
So one of the things we are doing a little bit differently this year is slowly down while on the clients properties. Being more thorough, and engaging the client. We are not trying to be the "spray and go" type company anymore.

One of the items that we are really going to use this year is an inspection sheet. Every time we service the property, we are going to walk through the property, make notes of extra items that we can sell the clients or areas that we might have missed that needs to be fixed.

With that in mind, what are things that you would add to your own inspection sheet. Examples, weed control in the lawn, weeds in the beds, shrubs not pruning, gutters full of debris, etc.

We are trying to make sure we cover everything so any and all suggestions would be great. Thanks

Hedgemaster
03-08-2012, 12:31 AM
Dead spots from dog pee?

Erosion

???

TiedemanLLC
03-08-2012, 09:29 AM
Dead spots from dog pee?

Erosion

???

Never thought about the dog fee to add to the list

Steve
03-08-2012, 04:02 PM
I don't know how involved you want to get but I will throw out ideas.

What about drainage issues? Are the gutters clear? Are the down spouts clear? Are they draining water away from the home?

Are there certain areas on the property where water is pooling?

Hedge trimming, are the hedges growing and blocking windows, doorways, or walkways?

Lighting, are all the bulbs working on the property? Is anymore lighting needed?

Walkways, driveways, are there cracks? Are roots getting under the area pushing up the paths?

TiedemanLLC
03-08-2012, 04:40 PM
I don't know how involved you want to get but I will throw out ideas.

What about drainage issues? Are the gutters clear? Are the down spouts clear? Are they draining water away from the home?

Are there certain areas on the property where water is pooling?

Hedge trimming, are the hedges growing and blocking windows, doorways, or walkways?

Lighting, are all the bulbs working on the property? Is anymore lighting needed?

Walkways, driveways, are there cracks? Are roots getting under the area pushing up the paths?

Those are some good ones. Others ones we came up with are

thickness of lawn
color of lawn
weeds in lawn
insects and disease damage in lawn
weeds in beds
broken irrigation heads
landscape shrub/tree disease/insect problems
thatch thickness
if we don't mow it whether the lawn is too short or mowing blade damage
dead plants/shrubs that need replaced
annuals that need deadheaded or watered
weeds growing in cracks in driveway/sidewalk

Steve
03-09-2012, 02:58 PM
Also maybe asking the homeowner if there were any other issues with their property that they would like addressed. That might bring up some interesting topics you hadn't thought about yet.

TiedemanLLC
03-09-2012, 07:34 PM
Also maybe asking the homeowner if there were any other issues with their property that they would like addressed. That might bring up some interesting topics you hadn't thought about yet.

Good idea. We are already putting that together with our follow up service phone call to clients that we built in this year.

We are trying to streamline the entire process, actual steps and procedures. The reason behind this is because we want it almost completed automated so if we ever want to sell or franchise

JeffK26
03-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Suggestions based on what I look for...problems with their deck such as rotted wood, it's not up to code, a good washing and re-staining.

Doesn't take much to look for cracked foundations, or asking the homeowner if they have basement leaks or any problems with their AC or furnace. I worked in HVAC a yearly check on each makes the difference between replacing a 7 year old unit to keeping that unit for 20 years. I have replaced AC's that are 5 years old and are shot only because it was never maintained.

A quick glance to the roof will let you know if the vent pipes for plumbing are tall enough for your area.

Hope this helps. When i do an estimate, my price is the same as the next guy's, but when I mention I keep an eye out for these things, it helps, I've gotten a few accounts like this and I'm going to keep it going.

jymie
03-10-2012, 12:28 AM
What kinds of questions should a home owner be asked?

Steve
03-12-2012, 02:26 PM
What kinds of questions should a home owner be asked?

Do you mean beyond, what issues would they like resolved with their property? Or what landscape elements they would like changed?