PDA

View Full Version : What Brand Equipment Is Best

mike affordable
03-07-2012, 11:22 PM
Hello Its Been Some Time Since I Been On The Forum First Of All I Want To Thank Steve For The E Mail It Is Very Help Full Ur The Best . Also As We Know Spring Is Around The Corner And Every Body Will Be Staying Busy I Hope . This Will Be My Second Season And Hope To Do Better Than Last .as We All Do. Any Way Im Looking To Add A Couple Of New Items To My Arsenal And Was Just Wondering What Brand Name Any Of U Guy Have Had Luck With Some Of My Stuff Is On Its Way Out Stringtrimmer .. Backpack And Small Trim Mower .. Thanks Any Feedback Is Greatly Appreciated..mike...:

wandfsmall
03-08-2012, 10:07 AM
Hello Its Been Some Time Since I Been On The Forum First Of All I Want To Thank Steve For The E Mail It Is Very Help Full Ur The Best . Also As We Know Spring Is Around The Corner And Every Body Will Be Staying Busy I Hope . This Will Be My Second Season And Hope To Do Better Than Last .as We All Do. Any Way Im Looking To Add A Couple Of New Items To My Arsenal And Was Just Wondering What Brand Name Any Of U Guy Have Had Luck With Some Of My Stuff Is On Its Way Out Stringtrimmer .. Backpack And Small Trim Mower .. Thanks Any Feedback Is Greatly Appreciated..mike...:

I am looking from a repair standpoint but in my opinion your top quality trimmers and blowers would be Redmax, Husquvarna(also Redmax), and Echo. Your top Chainsaws are Husquvarna(XP units only), Redmax(Husquvarna) Jonsared(Husquvarna), Stihl, and Dolmar. The major deciding factor is if the repair shop knows how to set up and properly repair a unit.

For disclosure I am a Redmax dealer, I am so because I believe in the products. I am also easily the largest dealer(the only dealer with a mower line) in the county at the location I run. I am also not a fan of 4mix products as they require more maintenance then true 2cycles.

mike affordable
03-09-2012, 12:00 PM
thank you for your help i think im going with echo backpack / trimmer not sure on the mower yet need too take a look at my options .

SECTLANDSCAPING
03-09-2012, 12:35 PM
String trimmers Shindiawa, Kawasaki, Stihl. I would put echo and husky right below them. At the price difference its not a bad buy for echo here. This would be the same for hedge trimmers.

For backpacks is shindiawa. I have a 640 and 802. They both have held up for years. I never tried a redmax but heard nothing but good things about them. I have a stihl br400, a little underpowered but reliable. I sold both my husky and echo backpacks after a year. They lost power and were built poorly. I would buy a top of the line blower the difference is night and day.

Chainsaws Jonsared, Dolmar, Stihl, and some of husky bigger saws. I even had a residential husky that held up to some abuse.

Husky might improve after buying redmax but then again redmax might be made inferior.

wandfsmall
03-09-2012, 11:13 PM
String trimmers Shindiawa, Kawasaki, Stihl. I would put echo and husky right below them. At the price difference its not a bad buy for echo here. This would be the same for hedge trimmers.

For backpacks is shindiawa. I have a 640 and 802. They both have held up for years. I never tried a redmax but heard nothing but good things about them. I have a stihl br400, a little underpowered but reliable. I sold both my husky and echo backpacks after a year. They lost power and were built poorly. I would buy a top of the line blower the difference is night and day.

Chainsaws Jonsared, Dolmar, Stihl, and some of husky bigger saws. I even had a residential husky that held up to some abuse.

Husky might improve after buying redmax but then again redmax might be made inferior.

After the purchase they have integrated some of the trimmers from redmax into husky, and husky fixed the problems with the redmax chainsaws bringing them up to a top quality saw, other then that they are leaving it alone for now. Shindiawa is essentially gone they have merged totally with echo and are more or less the same as echo now. And the reason I did not list Kawasaki is I expect dealer support to drop on them coming up with the new changes to the system they are implementing. Stihl is also having some issues with the valves just like echo where they loose power over time that is why redmax will have less problems it is the only true 2cycle left that meets epa standards. But I am finding the echo units are outlasting the stihl around here as to when they need valve adjustments. As for your pushmower a good quality honda or possibly a better toro or exmark unit would be nice by for the most part all of the other brands are made by murray so just pick a style you like and buy the cheapest paint job.

SECTLANDSCAPING
03-10-2012, 12:59 AM
After the purchase they have integrated some of the trimmers from redmax into husky, and husky fixed the problems with the redmax chainsaws bringing them up to a top quality saw, other then that they are leaving it alone for now. Shindiawa is essentially gone they have merged totally with echo and are more or less the same as echo now. And the reason I did not list Kawasaki is I expect dealer support to drop on them coming up with the new changes to the system they are implementing. Stihl is also having some issues with the valves just like echo where they loose power over time that is why redmax will have less problems it is the only true 2cycle left that meets epa standards. But I am finding the echo units are outlasting the stihl around here as to when they need valve adjustments. As for your pushmower a good quality honda or possibly a better toro or exmark unit would be nice by for the most part all of the other brands are made by murray so just pick a style you like and buy the cheapest paint job.
Unfortunately, this happened. It's quite disturbing to walk into my Shindaiwa dealer's showroom and see orange everywhere. I believe Echo is a very inferior product to Shindaiwa. When was the last time you saw Shindaiwa hanging at Home Depot? No one can leave well enough alone anymore. It's about the almighty dollar and who has the most. A few Japanese guys decided to deal with some other Japanese guys and create a win-win for all...so we'll see... I'm afraid this will happen to Redmax now.

Another solid brand with little dealer support is Tanaka.

wandfsmall
03-10-2012, 07:54 AM
Unfortunately, this happened. It's quite disturbing to walk into my Shindaiwa dealer's showroom and see orange everywhere. I believe Echo is a very inferior product to Shindaiwa. When was the last time you saw Shindaiwa hanging at Home Depot? No one can leave well enough alone anymore. It's about the almighty dollar and who has the most. A few Japanese guys decided to deal with some other Japanese guys and create a win-win for all...so we'll see... I'm afraid this will happen to Redmax now.

Another solid brand with little dealer support is Tanaka.

When Husquvarna bought redmax and started inforcing the pattents Shindaiwa had no choice but to change the trimmers. They were owned by the same company as echo so they just merged the two companies. I now nothing about Tanaka equipment as I have never worked on one, nor even seen one for that matter as I have never seen a dealer for them other then online. But that is most likly from my location. As for Husquvarna gutting redmax I doubt it They did not gut Jonsared when they bought them for the chainsaws so I do not expect them to do the same with redmax. Aslo they have owned them for about 6 years so I would think they would have already changed them if they were going to.