PDA

View Full Version : Echo PB-770-T Back Pack Blower any opinions on this model!

HAMPTON ROADS LAWN CARE
03-07-2012, 05:58 PM
So I went to the dealer today looking to buy a new back pack blower and was looking at the $300 model and decided to bite the bullet and buy the $500 model so that I wont have to buy another blower for years to come!

Whats y'alls opinions good bad and ugly lol

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w387/HAMPTONROADSLAWNCARE/ResizedImage_1331160831278.jpg

mark123
03-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Best blower I've used. It uses TONS of gas though. At least 4 times as much as my old Echo PB-60ht

HAMPTON ROADS LAWN CARE
03-07-2012, 06:14 PM
Best blower I've used. It uses TONS of gas though. At least 4 times as much as my old Echo PB-60ht

Aww damn lol He told me that it will run for 53 min on a tank!! So I didn't think that was that bad but the main reason is because come fall he said this is the best blower for leaf cleanup! So I didn't want to have to buy another blower then also but I appreciate it this reply makes my wallet feel a little better lol

mark123
03-07-2012, 06:25 PM
Aww damn lol He told me that it will run for 53 min on a tank!!
Yeah, that's about it. It'll move some serious leaves in the fall though. My old PB-60 would run for at least 2 hours on a tank and it was a smaller tank. The old PB-60 did about 20% less work per hour though.

I mix 2 gallons of fuel for the 2-stroke and I'm filling it up so much more often now. My new Echo weed whacker also uses more fuel than the old Echo but it also makes the work easier and faster.

HAMPTON ROADS LAWN CARE
03-07-2012, 06:50 PM
Yeah, that's about it. It'll move some serious leaves in the fall though. My old PB-60 would run for at least 2 hours on a tank and it was a smaller tank. The old PB-60 did about 20% less work per hour though.

I mix 2 gallons of fuel for the 2-stroke and I'm filling it up so much more often now. My new Echo weed whacker also uses more fuel than the old Echo but it also makes the work easier and faster.

Alright good he wasn't blowin smoke lol

I went out back and there was nothing but dust to blow and after testing it out me my clothes and the blower were caked with dust lol

The sales man seems VERY knowledgeable and does not seem to try and get a sale! They sell Exmark, Toro and Scag there and he says they are the top brands can ramble off most brands specs off memory (and be right).

But i appreciate it i think that im going to really like it!

I dont know if you know about the new echo speed feed heads but I had to buy one for my trimmer it cuts time by 3/4 to re spool its great!!!

wandfsmall
03-07-2012, 07:06 PM
I dont know if you know about the new echo speed feed heads but I had to buy one for my trimmer it cuts time by 3/4 to re spool its great!!!

We have had problems with the speed feed heads holding up for commercial use so do not throw away your old head. Some of our light commercial customers seem to be fine with them but the larger outfits they did not hold up well.

HAMPTON ROADS LAWN CARE
03-07-2012, 07:09 PM
We have had problems with the speed feed heads holding up for commercial use so do not throw away your old head. Some of our light commercial customers seem to be fine with them but the larger outfits they did not hold up well.

OOOOOH WOW!!!

Well thank you for this input!!

I actually thought that this was goin to be one of my best investments but I guess I will have to wait and see then!

Thanks for the heads up!

Hedgemaster
03-07-2012, 07:37 PM
I bought the same blower last fall for $435. :) The regular counter guy quoted me something like $475 on sale, but when I went back, the owner said he'd do it for $435. I didn't even ask for a lower price, he just offered it up.

Here's my thread:
http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=14973&highlight=Echo+Backpack+Blower

I'd never used one before, so I have nothing to compare it to, but damn, does it move some leaves. It's a bit heavy, but the padding is nice, so it's pretty comfy. I only use mine for cleanups - not for blowing clippings like a lot of guys do, so I'm not concerned with it's gas usage.

Good luck with it!

HAMPTON ROADS LAWN CARE
03-07-2012, 07:57 PM
I bought the same blower last fall for $435. :) The regular counter guy quoted me something like $475 on sale, but when I went back, the owner said he'd do it for $435. I didn't even ask for a lower price, he just offered it up.

Here's my thread:
http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=14973&highlight=Echo+Backpack+Blower

I'd never used one before, so I have nothing to compare it to, but damn, does it move some leaves. It's a bit heavy, but the padding is nice, so it's pretty comfy. I only use mine for cleanups - not for blowing clippings like a lot of guys do, so I'm not concerned with it's gas usage.

Good luck with it!

WOW thats how mine looked before that dusty parkin lot lol

Also I have done quite a bit of business with them already in the last few months so they teend to take care of me but he let me get it for $400 plus tax and it was $420 out the door!!!

I was real happy so we shall see and good thread btw!!!

wandfsmall
03-07-2012, 08:14 PM
OOOOOH WOW!!!

Well thank you for this input!!

I actually thought that this was goin to be one of my best investments but I guess I will have to wait and see then!

Thanks for the heads up!
Well it is nice I use one myself, and I am not sure they are not a good investment even though they wear out. I just know I have had complaints about them wearing out quickly.

HAMPTON ROADS LAWN CARE
03-07-2012, 08:17 PM
Well it is nice I use one myself, and I am not sure they are not a good investment even though they wear out. I just know I have had complaints about them wearing out quickly.

But then again it depends on how you/employees take care of your equipment on how long it holds up.

mark123
03-07-2012, 08:42 PM

I wear out a regular head about every 18 months. How long are the speed heads lasting?

jonathan thomas
03-07-2012, 09:09 PM
I bought a stihl br600 in November thinking that it was going to be great. But it goes threw a full tank in about 45 minutes. And at about 15 hours use it lost all power (adjust valves) I've just been unhappy with it. I should have kept my echo pb-403. Wish u they best with your new purchase.
P.s I got my br600 for 425.00 out the door.

wandfsmall
03-08-2012, 11:32 AM
I wear out a regular head about every 18 months. How long are the speed heads lasting?

that is something I have not setup to track in my system, I am just going on customer complaints. Most of the guys I call commercial are running more then one trimmer so how often I sell one is misleading.