PDA

View Full Version : Started my On-Line Ad today

Ducke
03-06-2012, 09:00 PM
I posted my on line ad today on Kijiji
Click on the link to have a look.
Ducke's Kijiji ad Are you Tired of the Harassing phone calls (http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-services-skilled-trades-Support-Local-Business-Buy-Local-W0QQAdIdZ360949656)
Are you Tired of the Harassing phone calls ?
Are you Fed Up with the Poor Service ?
Are you Annoyed at Increasing Prices and Decreasing Results ?

Why put up with those Big Over Priced National Chain Weed Guys.

Ducke's Lawn Care Services is locally Owned and Operated right here in your neighborhood. I take great pride in my work and want only the best for your lawn.
Lawn Mowing, De-Thatching , Aeration , Lime , Fertilizer, Flower Bed Edging Shrub and Hedge Trimming and Spring and Fall Clean Ups.

Let me know what you think.:)

Chaz
03-07-2012, 12:10 AM
this part seems a bit aggressive to me...

Why put up with those Big Over Priced National Chain Weed Guys.

...its almost intimidating with the red and bold, if that makes any sense??

abbot
03-07-2012, 01:48 AM
Ducke - I have to say bud. Normally people do a horrible job with ads. Be it print ads or online ads they are all the same repetitive crap.

The content of the ad is on key. The placement is a little off. The first lines of the ad

Think of these as your headlines. You did a good job grabbing their attention, however by reading these three statements do you know what kind of ad this is?

I would consider a split test,

Maybe try another ad with something like: "Are you finding that you just don't have enough time to keep up with your lawn?"

Or

"Is your lawn out of control? Are you too busy to care for it?"

"Now...Lawn care at the quality you have been searching for, with a price you can afford!"

Just try some different headlines that somewhat give away what you offer. But at the same time capture the readers attention.

Use real life. If you noticed, the headings that I listed above all factor in real life problems people face with their lawn, some people are just too busy to care, or maintain for their lawn. While others simply can't afford another monthly bill.

Present a real life problem, that you offer a solution to and you have yourself a deal...every time.

Good luck to you. And remember, TEST, TEST, TEST...That's what marketing is all about. Don't stick with one copy. Make 10, find one that works, then tweak that one to make it work BETTER. Every bit counts in marketing

Ducke
03-07-2012, 08:32 AM
Mitch
Thank you for the comments I really appreciate your input.
I do have a series of ads Aeration, Spring Clean up, Are you Tired of mowing your Lawn etc.
This is something new as I am trying to take advantage of a BIG mistake the local big National Weed Guy has made.

I will let you all know how it works out