PDA

View Full Version : Owner/WSD

WSD
03-04-2012, 02:44 PM
I've already introduced ourselves now getting ready for a 3rd year with the landscaping buisiness, sorry probably wrong forum I guess we get tired of people coming in and underbidding us no matter what the price is. I work very hard at what I offer my customers and I do the best with my price but do not like doing things for FREE, How do u charge $169. for an hr of aeration normal property when co . are out there doing it for $40.????:confused:

willshome
03-04-2012, 03:35 PM
How & where do the $40 aerator run ads? Do you thing everyone knows about them? can you sell that you do a better job deeper plugs, two passes "chris cross", you are a premium service and you know everything there is to know about grass. The more you charge the more you will have to spend (time and/or money) on ads in different places. Do you have a web site and are you ranked # one in your area?

Walmart sells jeans for $10 but other stores sell jeans for well over $100 think about what they do to get ten times as much

Steve
03-05-2012, 02:47 PM
How do u charge $169. for an hr of aeration normal property when co . are out there doing it for $40.???

Also, is there a fine print? Does it apply to current lawn care customers who have signed a lawn care contract?

WSD
03-18-2012, 09:23 AM
area in illinois is sending out flyers stating property under 5000 sq will be done for $59.00 and 10000 for $90.00 no contract yet when we go to ask customers we will walk 5000 sq just to get the customer for $40. and we usually do untill joshmo! comes and under bids us. (I hate that)

picframer
03-18-2012, 11:25 AM
Aeration is critical to a healthy lawn, go at it a different way. Core aeration is simply a patch to the problem, which is how we market Aerify Plus, it's a spray that cures the issue of compavted soil, I get every lawn we bid on and we spray close to 300 lawns now, some once a year, some four times a year and we haven't advertised for 18 months as word of mouth is all we can handle.

http://www.natureslawn.com/aerify-plus.php

SECTLANDSCAPING
03-18-2012, 11:34 AM
Some smuck posted a ad pressure washing houses for $65. I think the customer knows somethings up when everyone prices are 5-6 times higher. It cant be there all wrong. So what is it? This guy is a hack, will damage your property and never be heard from again. If they hire them first and then pay you a second time to fix. They just spent more money then they wouldve by hiring a pro in the first place.