PDA

View Full Version : Mowing Your Own Yard

Sprinkler Buddy
03-03-2012, 03:45 PM
Just spent the whole day mowing, picking up limbs, and burning my pile in my own yard of nearly 5 acres with a small pond and a ton of trees.

You would think being in the lawn care business for so many years, I would have thought a little more about buying a home with a smaller yard. lol

Do you guys do your own yard or do you have your hired help do it?

CHEESE2009
03-03-2012, 04:14 PM
If I was a client of myself, I would fire me. My yard receives the lousiest service of all.

Makes me want to hire someone else to do it... :eek:

mark123
03-03-2012, 04:33 PM
I put my yard on the schedule for a weekly mowing. That way I can't wiggle out of it.

Hedgemaster
03-03-2012, 04:44 PM
Well, I don't have any "hired help", so...

shadrach
03-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Roundup works for me.

mark123
03-03-2012, 06:21 PM
Well, I don't have any "hired help", so...

After a long day of yachting ... Pip pip.

CHEESE2009
03-03-2012, 06:27 PM
roundup Works For Me.

Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fireman Gus
03-03-2012, 06:29 PM
Mine gets mowed weekly. I schedule mine the same time that I do my neighbors yard. I have some trees that need trimming that I have put off but plan on doing that in March as I have some trimming to do for the neighbor.:)

Ducke
03-03-2012, 06:49 PM
I usually end up mowing mine on Sunday.
Problem is I always over treat my lawn, you know how you always have a little bit of fertilizer or lime left in the spreader each day well I just run it around my yard so some times I have to mow mine twice a week, I also have large flower beds that have to be kept up and trees etc.
I love my yard and try to take great pride in it. I like to use it as a selling item,
I just tell people come on over and have a look at what I can do, It works great. I don't have the heart to tell them that my wife dose most of the work as I am way to busy with other paying jobs.:o

brian'slawncare
03-03-2012, 08:24 PM
I love my yard and try to take great pride in it. I like to use it as a selling item,
I just tell people come on over and have a look at what I can do, It works great.

I do the same thing with my yard! I wouldn't hire a lawn service run by someone with a crappy yard.

I don't have the heart to tell them that my wife dose most of the work as I am way to busy with other paying jobs.
LMAO! HAHA

I usually will cut mine on Sunday, but then a again, I work sometimes on Sunday. (I even cut last year on Easter Sunday). I will usually do things to my yard when I have down time.

jonathan thomas
03-03-2012, 10:20 PM
Screw that I cut all day I don't want to come home and cut for free. That's why I have a cow,horse,and a goat haha I never have to cut my yard.

mark123
03-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Screw that I cut all day I don't want to come home and cut for free. ...
I don't consider it cutting for free. Instead I look at it as I'm making the money I would have had to pay someone else to do it.

SECTLANDSCAPING
03-03-2012, 11:56 PM
There was a bunch of guys advertising $10-$20 cuts. So I give them a call and let them beat on their equipment. Eventually theyll see me unloading my zmasters and give me that weird look. Some will ask, if you have the equipment why are you paying me? I explain I dont mow for gas money. They all stop showing up after 2-3 cuts.

This seems like a d**k move but I have to teach em a lesson one way or another. I try my best to act like my worst customers.;)

mark123
03-04-2012, 08:21 AM
There was a bunch of guys advertising $10-$20 cuts. So I give them a call and let them beat on their equipment. Eventually theyll see me unloading my zmasters and give me that weird look. Some will ask, if you have the equipment why are you paying me? I explain I dont mow for gas money. They all stop showing up after 2-3 cuts.

This seems like a d**k move but I have to teach em a lesson one way or another. I try my best to act like my worst customers.;)

LOL! :D If they'd do it as well as I do it I'd try that but they are usually just hack and pack.

Sprinkler Buddy
03-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Wouldn't you know it, had a major wind storm last night. Limbs down everywhere again. lol Still glad I have the trees though :-)

Clays Landscape
03-04-2012, 09:16 AM
I take great pride in my yard. I live in an area where a great deal of my customers live and feel that my yard could be advertising. I typically cut mine 2 times a week.

mark123
03-04-2012, 01:05 PM
I take great pride in my yard. I live in an area where a great deal of my customers live and feel that my yard could be advertising. I typically cut mine 2 times a week.
I take pride in mine as well. I use a picture of it on the front page of my web site.

stevef1201
03-04-2012, 01:21 PM
If I was a client of myself, I would fire me. My yard receives the lousiest service of all.

You and me both, but the wife dosen't fel that way so Sunday is my work at home day, Mow trim edge, fertilize, yadda yadda yadda, with extensive flower beds I work all day long in the yard. With a beer of course!

Johnny_boy02
03-04-2012, 09:32 PM

Same here. I am good about watering my tomato plants though.