PDA

View Full Version : O Lordy What to do****

stevef1201
03-03-2012, 02:48 PM
What do yo do when you've figured your costs, added your labor and kicked in for profit and overhead, then find out what you charge 55 for EVERYBODY else is chargeing 80?

I guess I'll just have to raise my rates!!!!!!!!!!!

CHEESE2009
03-03-2012, 03:37 PM
I guess I'll just have to raise my rates!!!!!!!!!!!

Lower them, for ADVENTURE!!!

http://tenerifeonlineshopping.com/userfiles/image/2011/whisky/Jack-Daniels-Tennessee-Whiskey-lg_jpg.jpg

Sprinkler Buddy
03-03-2012, 03:53 PM
That's a tricky slope, probably why they had hired you to begin with. If it's a year rounder this is the time to do it. Growing season just around the corner here in FL.

stevef1201
03-03-2012, 05:14 PM
Actually I did just raise my rates because of the damn gas.

I do have a policy that Every yard gets the same rate-depending on the yard, not the neighborhood.

Poor or cheap people hire someone else (they dont have the money to pay all the time in my experiences) and the wealth pay quick

Steve
03-05-2012, 02:10 PM
then find out what you charge 55 for EVERYBODY else is chargeing 80?

Aren't you finding this to be a good thing? Shouldn't this give you a competitive advantage to attract more lawn care customers?

CHEESE2009
03-05-2012, 03:34 PM
Aren't you finding this to be a good thing? Shouldn't this give you a competitive advantage to attract more lawn care customers?

I would think the same thing.

Your pricing may not be all that bad my friend. Every company has different expenses give or take, what you charge may not be considered 'low' if it's working for you.

John might charge more, because John;
a) sends his equipment in for repairs a lot
b) has a fancy truck
c) is evil

whereas

Billy might charge less, because Billy;
a) advertises on printer paper instead of expensive postcards
b) uses a car that runs on lettuce instead of gasoline
c) knows how to repair his own equipment