PDA

View Full Version : Another New Guy

Lawn Cop
02-29-2012, 07:05 AM
Hi guys! Well, after thinking about starting my own lawn care business for many years I took that scary step and threw off that nice warm ďfalseĒ security blanket for working for someone else and started by own business. After over 30 years in law enforcement, Iíve started Lawn Cop Lawn Care. I called my broker and told him of my plans. He said that I was making a mistake by taking out some of my investment. I told him that I have been letting him invest my money for over 20 years and Iíve lost more than I made. So, I made the decision to invest in myself. I will either make it or fail. But, it will be because of my actions not the actions of someone else. So, I bought some equipment, put pen to paper and figured out my daily bottom line to run the business, got my insurance, business licenses and put an ad in the paper. Now, I just got to wait until I get some phone calls. Been reading this forum (Thanks Steve for starting it) for about a year now and gotten a lot of good information of some of the pit falls that most new guys get their self into. I just wanted to say HI and thank you for the good information.

willshome
02-29-2012, 09:17 AM
put an ad in the paper. Now, I just got to wait until I get some phone calls.

hi,
just be careful waiting may not work have you listed on:
craigslist (renew it every week)
yp.com "yellow pages"
both are free and other sites have free listings
door hangers really work but you have to do alot of them you may get 2% call back

Good luck

CHEESE2009
02-29-2012, 12:46 PM
Crap it's the cops! Everyone hide the grass! :D

Welcome to the forum, friend!

Le'ts get you started with advertising. Have you thought of creating a logo?

With a logo, we can help you create a nice business card template, which you can then upload to vistaprint.com.

Vistaprint.com is very inexpensive when it comes to business card printing/delivery.

-

I use my business cards just like someone would use expensive fliers or door hangars. They look just as professional, but 1/4 the cost! :)

CHEESE2009
02-29-2012, 01:02 PM
I thought of something like this would be kinda cool.

http://www.gopherforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4943&stc=1&d=1330539025

You can create vertical business cards that make it look like you are holding out your I.D with badge. :P

Under the badge, it could have your name, services, etc

Steve
02-29-2012, 02:45 PM
Crap it's the cops! Everyone hide the grass!
LOL good one Scott hahahah.

So, I bought some equipment, put pen to paper and figured out my daily bottom line to run the business, got my insurance, business licenses and put an ad in the paper. Now, I just got to wait until I get some phone calls.

Welcome to our forum!

Ok what other forms of marketing are you doing right now? Do you know a lot of people in your area? Have you been marketing to them? Are you putting the word out to your neighbors?