PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed trailer way too hot!!!!

jonathan thomas
02-27-2012, 12:33 PM
I have switched to an enclosed trailer and the one thing that concerns me is my equipment does not have a chance to cool off all day long. Is this bad for the equipment or how do you get more air flow into the trailer?

jklawncare
02-27-2012, 01:36 PM
ive seen a few, including a buddy of mine who owns a lawn company that have a vent type thing up top, if you have that you could try hooking an exhuast fan up to it..

that or you could always fill it with dry ice..

would make for a cool entrance to your next job site :D

Hedgemaster
02-27-2012, 08:37 PM
I doubt that's going to harm the engines. Maybe some plastic could melt ;) but I can't see a non-running engine being harmed by high air temps.

I'd love one for the "security", but the sweatbox effect every time I needed to get something out of it would get old quick.

jonathan thomas
02-27-2012, 09:37 PM
Its a 2003 trailer with a roof vent not the side vents. Here is an example I will start cutting a 7am work till noon stop get lunch appox 1. To 11/2 and the exhaust will still be to hot to touch.

CHEESE2009
02-27-2012, 09:44 PM
1. Buy a gun.
2. Shoot your trailer.

= ventilation

or,

paint the exterior white.

bruces
02-27-2012, 11:22 PM
simple fix is to just move to Alaska !

CS-LawnService
02-28-2012, 04:12 AM
go to a camper supply shop and get a roof mounted solar powered exhaust fan to suck the hot air out of the trailer .

Several to choose from here http://www.campingworld.com/category/rv-fans-rv-vents/16

jonathan thomas
02-28-2012, 08:49 AM
Thank you I think that is going to work perfect. Have to just wait and see.:D

CS-LawnService
02-28-2012, 09:38 AM
keep us informed

dpld
02-28-2012, 09:51 AM
Its a 2003 trailer with a roof vent not the side vents. Here is an example I will start cutting a 7am work till noon stop get lunch appox 1. To 11/2 and the exhaust will still be to hot to touch.

i think you are making more out of it then you need to be, as long as you don't have any flammables sitting next to the exaust you have nothing to worry about.

i have been useing them for over 10 years and i never had any issues related to fire or premature wear on the engines.
it may be hot in the summer but frankly everything is and it is also easier on the equipment in the cooler months.

i love my enclosed trailers and would never do it any other way. they are a safe and secure garage on wheels protected from the weather as well as emergency bathroom when the need arrises in a very visible setting.
i am also able to keep a nice array of tools and a small generator and compressor to be able do most emergency repairs in the field as easily as back in the shop.

Steve
02-28-2012, 03:19 PM
What's the operating temperature of the engine when it is running? How hot is it getting inside the trailer during the day? I'd bet there is still a big difference in temperature.