PDA

View Full Version : What Are You Offering Existing Customers?

ringahding1
02-25-2012, 12:00 PM
Are you offering existing customers anything? Aeration, Free Mowing, etc?

willshome
02-25-2012, 12:21 PM
I let them use an of my coupons I never put "new customers only" but i do limit one per season I hate when the cable company charges me more then someone who just signed up, what paying my bill on time for 5 year is not good.

Steve
02-27-2012, 01:07 PM
Are you offering existing customers anything? Aeration, Free Mowing, etc?

Do you mean just in general or to get them to sign up with you again for a new annual lawn care agreement?

Hedgemaster
02-27-2012, 01:31 PM
Same thing as last season - quality work at a fair price.

CHEESE2009
02-27-2012, 11:07 PM
I give them the luxury of my presence.

I'm going to run my business like a king this year, if they don't like, off with their heads a.k.a contracts.

ringahding1
03-04-2012, 07:27 PM
Do you mean just in general or to get them to sign up with you again for a new annual lawn care agreement?

I was thinking more along the lines of discounts or offers such as last year's rates.

Hedgemaster
03-04-2012, 07:39 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of discounts or offers such as last year's rates.

I think he was asking you "why?"

Ducke
03-04-2012, 07:46 PM
I offer my customers the same great service that I offered them last year.

JP Landscaping
03-04-2012, 11:58 PM
I offer them one free mowing (the last one of the season) if they are with me the entire season and don't have a contract.

I offer them 2 free mowings if they sign at least a one year contract.

all of my customers are non-contract customers and it works out. Even though they have no contracts, I still send them a letter outlining how things work out, when their mowing days will be, and payment schedules.

If you have concerns that they may not pay you, what you can do is send them the letter thru email if possible and let them know when you will start the services. Ask them to reply to your email so you know they received it and everything is in order. If they reply, you can use that to prove they agreed to the letter. Although they are not signing a contract, in a sense it's a way of them aknowledging the agreement.

Also I offer 10% off of labor for landscaping projects that my lawn care customers have us do.

Leon
03-05-2012, 12:12 AM
LOL... I give my client free Thank You card for last year I send this in late Feb early March.... it works. In the fall I leave them a 1lb of grass seeds. I leave grass seeds because it lets them know that its time for reseeding and aeration.

Leon

SECTLANDSCAPING
03-05-2012, 12:43 AM
I give a free boot to the butt of the old lawn company.

Upscale2
03-05-2012, 10:46 AM
I sent out one of my famous Greeting Cards to wake up my hibernating clients. It is meant to light a fire under their arses, suggesting upcoming services: Spring cleanup, dethatching, pruning, edging and mulching etc.

I offered existing clients the opportunity to pay for mulch installation at last years price. As long as they paid by March 30. We will be installing mulch on April 16&17 with a mulch blower. (over 100 yards)

I already have several invoices sent out to clients that have agreed to my offer and many others that have already signed for the other services.

It feels good to have work piling up already, even with 8" of snow on the ground, plus money rolling through the door from mulch prepay.

Again I send my cards thru my card sending service. I create the cards on the site, choose my clients from my contact manager and press send. I don't do things the old fashioned way anymore. Funny thing, though, is that I have offered this service to Gopher and no one has taken a hard look at it except for Liberty Landscape. www.marshallscards.com

Hedgemaster
03-05-2012, 11:25 AM
I sent out one of my famous Greeting Cards to wake up my hibernating clients. It is meant to light a fire under their arses, suggesting upcoming services: Spring cleanup, dethatching, pruning, edging and mulching etc.

I offered existing clients the opportunity to pay for mulch installation at last years price. As long as they paid by March 30. We will be installing mulch on April 16&17 with a mulch blower. (over 100 yards)

I already have several invoices sent out to clients that have agreed to my offer and many others that have already signed for the other services.

It feels good to have work piling up already, even with 8" of snow on the ground, plus money rolling through the door from mulch prepay.

Again I send my cards thru my card sending service. I create the cards on the site, choose my clients from my contact manager and press send. I don't do things the old fashioned way anymore. Funny thing, though, is that I have offered this service to Gopher and no one has taken a hard look at it except for Liberty Landscape. www.marshallscards.com

I clicked on that link before. ^^^

Their website is the definition of "SUCKS".
With ZERO info about the product, I found myself clicking "back" real quick.

Aside from that, your "reminder" cards are a great idea.
I sent my thank you cards out late this year, so they had a similar effect with several clients calling last week to confirm that that were still on my schedule.

SECTLANDSCAPING
03-05-2012, 12:52 PM
I clicked on that link before. ^^^

Their website is the definition of "SUCKS".
With ZERO info about the product, I found myself clicking "back" real quick.

I thought the same. I really had to look hard for pricing. The membership blows it.

Upscale2
03-05-2012, 01:34 PM
I thought the same. I really had to look hard for pricing. The membership blows it.

There is no membership! You pay for cards and postage...Period.

SECTLANDSCAPING
03-05-2012, 01:41 PM
There is no membership! You pay for cards and postage...Period.
https://www.sendoutcards.com/media/site/start/retail/retail_payg_price_chart.jpg
looks like a membership to me.

Upscale2
03-05-2012, 01:55 PM
https://www.sendoutcards.com/media/site/start/retail/retail_payg_price_chart.jpg
looks like a membership to me.

I don't tend to get into back and forth banter with people, but Pay As You Go means no membership. There is a monthly auto-fee IF YOU CHOOSE. If your business can't afford $9.80 a month or the cost of 2 cans of tobacco then maybe its time to hang it up.

CHEESE2009
03-05-2012, 03:21 PM
I haven't really read anything on this thread because I'm ignorant and lazy.

Why would someone want to pay for a subscription for cards? I'm pretty sure with some vigorous searching, one would find something better.

-

Why not make cheap business cards, that just say,
"We miss you, Company Name" lol

SECTLANDSCAPING
03-05-2012, 03:32 PM
I don't tend to get into back and forth banter with people, but Pay As You Go means no membership. There is a monthly auto-fee IF YOU CHOOSE. If your business can't afford $9.80 a month or the cost of 2 cans of tobacco then maybe its time to hang it up.
then, what do you call that? No one said it was expensive and 2/3 options are for a membership.