PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!! Mowers

jonathan thomas
02-25-2012, 12:40 AM
I'm looking at a exmark lazer x-series 48" with mulch kit or
kubota zg 222 48" with mulch kit... there both really nice but does anyone use either one of these and if so please give me input good bad and ugly.
the price is about the same exmark 8500 and kubota 7800.
which way should i go.. thank you

wandfsmall
02-25-2012, 12:04 PM
kubota zg 222 48" with mulch kit... there both really nice but does anyone use either one of these and if so please give me input good bad and ugly.

one thing to think about is do you have a good kubota dealership near you. with the kubota you will have to get most of the parts at a kubota dealer, in my area they can be kinda high.

jonathan thomas
02-25-2012, 07:00 PM
There is a really good kubota exmark dealer 10mins mins. From my house and they seem very honest I've done business with them before. I'm just torn which way I should go. Because this will be my first zero turn.

dpld
02-25-2012, 08:03 PM

you might be better off buying the exmark lazer s over the x series because it is pretty much the same machine and it is a little cheaper.

the only real notable difference is the x series has a suspension seat and the deck is hanging from solid rods vs chains.
i have had several over the years and the seat is just as good on the s series and the suspension did not make that much of a difference in my opinion and the chains are not any less weaker then the rods in supporting the deck as well as if the machine had a slight side contact with the deck maneuvering around something the chains allow a little more movement with less resistance.

i like both the lazer s and the lazer x but if your talking about a 48 inch deck it really does not make that much of a difference for the money difference.

speaking of which i just bought a brand new lazer s last week for the up coming season to replace a older one and at my dealer it was a 1,500.00 difference.

the frame is the same, the fuel capacity is the same the PTO is the same the only real difference outside of the seat is the price.

jonathan thomas
02-25-2012, 10:52 PM
Thank you so much for the info. Very much needed. This is just alot of money to spend to get a mower you really don't need/like.

Hedgemaster
02-25-2012, 11:09 PM
have a 2011 Exmark book in my hand...

Looks like aside from what dpld mentioned, the only other difference I'm seeing in the book between the S and Z are the following:

Engine:
S 22 hp Kawasaki (in 48")
Z 23 hp Kohler Command (in 48")

Tires: (rear)
S 23x9.5-12 Turfmaster®
Z 24x9.5-12 4-ply Multi-Trac®

Granted, the BOOK doesn't list full specs, but those are the only other things that I see listed as being different that weren't mentioned above.

wandfsmall
02-26-2012, 09:55 AM
the suspension did not make that much of a difference in my opinion

Now that is something I do not hear often.... Most of my commercial cutters would not even buy a mower without the suspension seat.

wandfsmall
02-26-2012, 09:57 AM
Thank you so much for the info. Very much needed. This is just alot of money to spend to get a mower you really don't need/like.

if they are used mowers test drive them.

dpld
02-26-2012, 11:40 AM
Now that is something I do not hear often.... Most of my commercial cutters would not even buy a mower without the suspension seat.

i only say that because the seat on the lazer z s series is a very nice seat and is no way shape or form a downgrade.

the seat is high quality and to me appears to be the same seat minus the susspension frame underneath it, which i am sure you can upgrage for a fraction.

dpld
02-26-2012, 11:42 AM
have a 2011 Exmark book in my hand...

Looks like aside from what dpld mentioned, the only other difference I'm seeing in the book between the S and Z are the following:

Engine:
S 22 hp Kawasaki (in 48")
Z 23 hp Kohler Command (in 48")

Tires: (rear)
S 23x9.5-12 Turfmaster®
Z 24x9.5-12 4-ply Multi-Trac®

Granted, the BOOK doesn't list full specs, but those are the only other things that I see listed as being different that weren't mentioned above.

i bought the 22 kawasaki because i am not a fan of the kohler and the kohler i believe is a EFI motor which they been having issues with.

i would rather have 1 less HP and a better more reliable motor.

bruces
02-26-2012, 12:05 PM
with a name like the o.p's [j thomas ] pretty sure he would be fine with any machine he finds as he should get a good discount on his parts .:D:D:D

jonathan thomas
02-27-2012, 06:30 AM
Thank you for all the pointers. They are both brand new machines (2012) so it looks like my answer is exmark lazer s and I agree with the Kawasaki engine. It looks like not that many guys run the kubota. A seat with most comfort would be nice but I only do lawns part time 3 days with 28 year round customers.:cool:

wandfsmall
02-27-2012, 06:54 AM
i only say that because the seat on the lazer z s series is a very nice seat and is no way shape or form a downgrade.

the seat is high quality and to me appears to be the same seat minus the susspension frame underneath it, which i am sure you can upgrage for a fraction.

Not really, look around suspension seats are way overpriced, but with so few suppliers the dealers do not have much choice. Most of the time they are over $500

dpld
02-27-2012, 08:39 AM
Not really, look around suspension seats are way overpriced, but with so few suppliers the dealers do not have much choice. Most of the time they are over $500

i paid a extra 200.00 bucks for the tilt seat upgrade and with the rubber bushings the seat is mounted on in combination of the seat being good quality to me is a waste of money.

i have a bad back and this is my third the way it is and i got no complaints.

when you hear the world suspension seat it makes it sound as if you are in a big fancy rig but in the end the overall quality and ride and comfort are not that much better to justify the money.

if you want to upgrade it yourself you can buy the lower frame that the seat bolts to that has the same type of system in it at a tractor supply or northern tool type catolog.
most tractor type seats are all built the same and use a similar bolt pattern and the only real difference would be the extra fancy vinyl they wrap around the seat to conceal the frame.