PDA

View Full Version : Trimmer Racks

caddy0291
02-23-2012, 05:32 PM
Just got a jungle jim 3 holder to put on my 14 ft trailer, my question is I've seen people put these on the side and on the front of their trailer so I was wondering is there any advantage to either?

CHEESE2009
02-23-2012, 05:52 PM
Just got a jungle jim 3 holder to put on my 14 ft trailer, my question is I've seen people put these on the side and on the front of their trailer so I was wondering is there any advantage to either?

It's your personal preference.

Note that the trimmer rack will make it difficult to hop into your trailer, if it's an open trailer.

My rack is on the drivers side, because I often park across the the road of my clients homes. Basically, the trimmers face the job site.

Hedgemaster
02-23-2012, 06:04 PM
I think that with a 14' trailer, he's going to have some extra room for hopping into the trailer. ;)

I don't have any racks, but I don't think I'd want them on the front. It may free up the sides for access, but getting things on/off sounds like it would be awkward depending on what you're towing with and the space between truck/trailer.

JeffK26
02-23-2012, 10:16 PM
It's personal preference, My old boss and now I have them on the front between the tailgate of the truck and the trailer. They're out of the way, and it's not that big of a deal to get them off, straddling the tongue is no big deal unless you're two feet tall.

again it's just personal preference.